• fifty five

when I saw you first, it took every ounce of me
not to kiss you

when I first heard your laugh, it took every ounce of me
not to marry you

and when I met your soul,
it took every ounce of me.

CRYSTALLIZETo give definite or concrete form to

CRYSTALLIZE
To give definite or concrete form to.

Remus picked up his pace, doing his best to evade running into groggy people who'd clearly prefer being in bed than having to start their day at such an early hour. Professor McGonagall had an announcement to take which made it obligatory for the student body to head off to the Great Hall at what could be consider inhumane hours for a Sunday morning. The tanned figure of a girl hurriedly making her way through the corridors had the werewolf's attention as he rushed after her. "Cat! Catherine!"

The Ravenclaw turned on her heels with a frown settled in her expression which quickly disappeared upon realizing who the person calling her name was. "Everything alright, Remus?"

He jogged towards her, closing the distance between them and getting a better look at her disgruntled appearance. "Everything alright with you?"

"Yeah, yeah," she rubbed her forehead, "it's just that we woke up to a rather nasty surprise this morning. Let's just say I wasn't too happy to find our dorm turned into a swamp with frogs all over my stuff."

Remus perked up at the mention of the animals. "Oh, I think I know who did it."

"Yeah, me too," she let out a breathy chuckle before intently setting her gaze on him. "So? What did you need?"

"Oh, right. I was just wondering if we could have a chat?" He asked with a nervous smile before taking a quick glance at his watch. "We've got time to kill before McGonagall makes her announcement."

"Sure," she nodded, a glint of hesitance reflecting in her eyes which she tried to play off with a smile. "Lead the way."

And so he did. It was with a heavy heart that Remus confessed to Catherine those same sentiments he had shared with Alexis, sitting out by the entrance of the castle with the one person he had once considered the love of his life, watching with a screaming heart as the glimmer in her eyes subsided with each and every word that left his mouth. "I know we've had our encounters lately and I can't help but feel like I'm leading you on when in reality I'm not ready. I don't know where my heart is and I need time to figure it out. But everything that happened between us, every word and every kiss, I meant that, Catherine. I really did. It's just that—I need to sort myself out first."

She nodded, taking in a deep breath with the hopes of getting rid of the glossiness appearing in her eyes. "I believe you. And I'm glad you told me all of this, I'm glad you trusted me with this."