4. High Hopes

Jimin's POV

I heard my bedroom door open slowly, footsteps following right after. I was too tired to react or move, so I tried to fall back asleep. Suddenly, I felt hard punches of what seemed like pillows. I opened my eyes to see who the attacker was and turns out it was just Jungkook.

"What a way to wake me up, Kookie," I said in my morning voice.

"Good morning Jimin," He replied smiling, "I made breakfast, you should eat."

Strange, he didn't call me handsome like he usually does. I frowned at the thought. I did as Jungkook said and went to go eat breakfast.

When we sat across each other at the dining table, I asked about what happened last night.

"Jungkook, why'd you come home so late yesterday? Where were you?" I questioned,staring into his beautiful brown eyes.

I feel like I can just stare into them forever.

"What are you talking about?" Jungkook replied.

"You came home at 2:32 am, looking drunk,"I said.

Jungkook didn't reply for a couple seconds. He was probably regaining his thoughts from yesterday.

"OH I'm so sorry Jiminie, I just remembered what happened last night!" Jungkook replied in a low toned voice.

"Then can you tell me what happened?" I questioned.

"I was at a club...," Jungkook stated, looking else where but me.

"JUNGKOOK! PLEASE DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE STARTING TO DRINK!" I yelled.

Jungkook looked down at the table and stayed silent.

Anger erupted inside of me and I stood up from the dining table. I ran to my bedroom and slammed the door, locking it afterwards. I heard Jungkook running after me, but I've already shut the door.

"Jimin please open this door," Jungkook cried.

He banged on the door and kept saying the same thing over and over again.

"Jimin, please talk to me. I'm sorry," He said with a soothing voice.

After a couple of minutes, I knew he walked away.

I wish he'd just at least try harder to comfort me then saying those stupid damn words over and over again. I wish he'd try harder and put more effect into everything he does instead of easily giving up. I wish he'd give me more attention.

I wished he knew I loved him, as more than just friends.

*

Not long after, I walked to the living room because I didn't have anything to do in my bedroom. Plus, I've already forgiven him. I saw Jungkook napping on the couch with one of his arms over his head.

Ugh, he looked so adorable while sleeping.

I walked over to the couch and sat on the floor. I poked his face a couple times to see if he was awake. He slowly turned to his side, facing me.

His face is so perfect.

I didn't realize I was staring at his face for a whole minute. I stood up from my spot and quietly walked back into my room to grab a pillow. I walked back to stand next to a peaceful sleeping Jungkook. I started smacking him with the pillow I held. He instantly jumped up and tried using his blanket as a shield.

He's so adorably stupid.

"Can we go to the mall?" I questioned.

"Sure," Jungkook replied.

"Go get ready," I said,walking away.

"Thanks for waking me up like that," Jungkook said with a slight smile on his face.

*
Jungkook and I were walking with our shoulders touching.

I loved being close to him.

We walked around for awhile, until something caught my eye. I saw a book store selling some beautiful journals. I turned to Jungkook.

"Kookie, can you buy me a journal?" I asked, smiling.

"Why do you need a journal?" He replied, tilting his head a little.

"I don't know, it just looks pretty, come on!" I said, pulling on his arm.

A very fresh vanilla aroma filled my nose when I entered the bookstore with Jungkook following behind me. I walked to the display of journals and touched the one that was most appealing to me.

It was a soft,leather covered journal with bright white pages in it. It had a little magnet tab connected to the back of the book that would reach to the front of the journal to close it. On the front cover, there was a huge "J" imprinted into the leather.

"Can I get this journal?" I asked Jungkook.

"How much is it?" He replied.

I looked at the price tag and I was sorta happy with the price.

"$15," I said, looking back up at Jungkook.

"Fine," Jungkook replied.

*
After the mall, we went to an ice cream shop near our apartment. The shop had an outside area, so Jungkook and I decided to eat outside. Jungkook went to order our ice creams.

Should I really tell him that I love him?
He needs to know right?
Should I give him the present I've gotten him yesterday?

Later, Jungkook came out with our ice creams. He ordered mint chocolate for both of us. I took a bite of the creamy, soft ice cream. It tasted perfectly sweet and minty.

"I want to tell you something," I suddenly said.

"I want to tell you something,too," Jungkook stated.

"Okay, you go first," I offered.

Jungkook stayed silent for a little bit before replying.
"I think I've fallen in love," Jungkook said, blushing.

My insides boiled with happiness, hoping he was gonna say he'd fallen for me,too.

"I've been talking to the guy...at the club" Jungkook continued.

My heart dropped and everything froze. A harsh wave washed over my head and I had a huge headache. It hurt so much, I was about to burst into tears at that very moment.

"Oh my, Jimin are you alright?!" Jungkook said, touching my shoulder.

"Yea, I'm fine, don't worry about me," I replied, while hold my head, "Continue."

"No, I'm not gonna keep talking while you look like your dying over here. Let's get you home." Jungkook said. He walked over to my side and supported me by holding onto my waist.

*
Once we reached our apartment, Jungkook carried me to my bedroom and placed me down gently on the bed. He pulled a blanket over me and turned on my table lamp. He left the room without saying a word.

Why?
Why did I think Jungkook would love me back?
Why were my hopes so high?
Why did I have to fall for Jungkook?

Things never turn out like I plan when it comes to love.
Love is complicated.

~~~
A/N
I'm probably gonna rewrite this whole book when I'm done with it. Or not because I'm too lazy :)
What do you think of the book so far? Please comment any mistakes I made!
Please comment!Very much appreciated!

unedited