14. New Years

Jungkook's POV

Months have pass

And everything was going great.

I stopped going to the club.

Jimin and I slept together every now and then.

Mochi grew a little and was more obedient.

Yoongi and the lovebirds successfully moved into the apartment tower.

I would visit Taehyung sometimes or spend the day with him. I thought everything was going great between him and I.

But,

My thoughts changed once he started avoiding me and making himself distant, as time went by. He would make excuses when I ask him to hang out. I've gotten angry at times, so I went to his house and knocked on the door, but he never opened it. It made me irritated that he wouldn't even reply to my messages. He didn't even let me take him out to dinner for his birthday.

New Years was right around the corner, and all I wanted was to kiss him once the clock struck 12 am and the fireworks started lighting up the dark sky.

It was currently a day before New Years Eve and I was sitting on Yoongi's couch. Namjoon recommended we plan something special for tomorrow.

"How about we all go your apartment? It has a great view of the sky," Yoongi suggested.

"I know it does, but I want to be out of my apartment when it's 12 am," Jimin replies," I don't know why, I just do."

We all just nodded to Jimin's statement and continued.

"So we are not staying indoors?" Namjoon questioned.

"I mean, I don't want to. I understand since it's going to be cold outside and you guys want to stay inside, but I want to experience and watch the ear-bleeding fireworks," Jimin stated.

We all laughed at his sentence.

"The roof?" Jin blurted out.

Everyone was quiet for a while, thinking about Jin's answer.

"That's actually perfect," I said,"There's probably going to be a lot of people, but it has the best view."

"So it's settled? We all plan on meeting up at the roof around 11:30?" Namjoon asked.

"Yup," Yoongi said.

"Make sure you guys wear something cozy alright?" Jin added.

"Alright mother Jin," Jimin smiled. We all laughed again.

"Can I invite someone if I want?" I asked, Taehyung popping up in my head. I notice Jimin quickly switching his gaze to the ground and it made me die a little inside.

"Yea, of course,"

After having the short conversation, Namjoon said he wanted to treat us to dinner.

"What for?"

"You guy's don't want free food? And I wanted to thank you guys for taking your time out to come and talk with us," He explained.

I was for sure not going to give up on the free food opportunity.

"I mean, I'd love to go," I smiled.

Namjoon chuckled and led us to his car.

**

After the amazing dinner, Jimin and I headed back home.

I unlocked our apartment door and headed inside with Jimin following behind. Mochi ran towards Jimin and nearly knocked him onto the ground. I smiled at the sight and walked over to the couch. I laid there for a minute until Mochi came up beside me and nuzzled his nose onto my cheek. His action made me smile widely and I brushed his soft gentle fur in return, not moving from my position.

"Kookie, you know you have to go take a shower right. You stink" Jimin said as he sat down next to my legs.

"I'm too tired and lazy," I replied, rubbing my eyes and yawning. I saw Jimin smile before I closed my eyes, almost drifting off.

"I won't force you to do it right now, but promise me you will take one in the morning?"

"Promise," I yawned.

Jimin got up from the couch and headed into his bedroom. After he left, I took out my phone to text Taehyung. I almost forgot to invite him to the New Years event.

Kookie: babe, do you want to meet on the roof of my apartment tower tomorrow around 11:30 for New Years?

Tae Bae: yea sure, can't wait

That's weird. He actually replied. And he accepted the offer. Why would he completely avoid me for a week and then suddenly text me acting like everything is okay?

Something is defiantly going on with Taehyung.

 Afterwards, I fell asleep to the sound of rushing water and a curious mind.

Jimin's POV

After my refreshing shower, I went into Jungkook's bedroom to grab his thin blanket and 2 pillows. I walked into the living room where a sleeping Jungkook was present. He was laying on his back with his right arm hanging off the couch and the other on his torso. His mouth was opened a little, a big sign he's in deep sleep. I quietly walked over to Jungkook and laid the blanket over his body, covering most of it. I lifted his left arm from under the blanket and placed a pillow under it. 

I brushed some of his hair strands that were covering his face out of the way. I placed a quick kiss on his forehead before standing back up.

"Night Kookie,"

~~

Unedited

A/N

I'm trying to update the chapters bit by bit in my free time, so that I can try to update earlier and more often.

But what do you think is going on with Taehyung?

Yup! I'm making New Year chapters even though I'm a month late. This entire book is a month late... i didn't even add in Christmas. Who am I?!

I'm working on two chapters rn, so next time I update, you guys will get 2 chapters :)