Chapter 19 - William

“What.  The.  Heck.”

She was angrier than I’d ever seen her, and she was even scarier when her voice was barely more than a whisper.  It seemed really clear to me that she would kill Him, she would cross that line.

Even if it meant losing herself.

She was more powerful than he could ever be, and even he can’t deny that.

“Don’t act like you could beat me, little girl, you aren’t nearly as powerful as me.”

I doubt anyone believed him, not even him.

She took a deep breath, her jaw working.  I could see what she was thinking in her eyes, all the hate that had built up over time.  She thinks he deserves it, that he should die so he can’t hurt another soul.  But what she doesn’t see is that will leave a scar on her heart, make it easy to tug her to the evil side.  One bad act can drag the person into more.  I can’t let that happen to her.

Before I could say anything to stop her, her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she collapsed, Him doing the same.

I went to catch Robin, but Crystal batted my hand away and grabbed her instead, setting her down gently.

“Don’t touch her,” she said, looking up to me. “She did this with her Magics; it’ll bring her out if you do.”

I nodded grimly, understanding that she should fight her own battle.  I noticed with satisfaction that no one had tried to catch Him; he was just lying crumpled on the ground.  I smiled at that thought and watched as Crystal tried to make Robin more comfortable, calling Fate over and telling her to conjure up a pillow.  She did her best, and it may have taken a few minutes, but she finally did.  I didn’t blame her for taking long; she hasn’t had her Magics for long.

I then noticed that the murderer’s right arm had started to bleed just below the shoulder, and I looked closer to see a cut.  Whatever happens in there must happen out here.  I smiled at the fact that Robin had struck the first blow.

That’s when I noticed the blood pooling around her.

I gasped and tried to reach out a hand, but Crystal was faster.  She slapped it away and looked at the wound, slightly nudging Robin onto her side.  She told me it wouldn’t kill her and I let out a sigh of relief.  She’ll live.

I just hope he doesn’t change that.

I looked over to Him and noticed his side had started to bleed; she had stabbed him with something below the rib cage.  I looked back at her and watched as three holes appeared in the side of her thigh, fighting the urge to leap forward and end the dream.

“I-I’m Charlie, by the way,” the girl Crystal had tried to escape with said to me.

“What?” I was surprised she could tell me that now.

“I never told you my name,” she said. “And I think you should keep your mind off what’s happening right in front of you, since you can’t stop any of it.”

She had a point.

“Oh, no,” I heard Crystal mutter, blocking the view of Robin’s face.

“What happened?” I asked, trying to shove past Charlie.  She wouldn’t let me, and it just obscured my view even more.

“It’s nothing,” she said, but I didn’t believe it for a second.

I need to know what was wrong, I need to see her.  I need to make sure she’s alright.

Since Charlie wouldn’t get out of my way, I grabbed her by the waist and picked her up, setting her off to the right of me and coming up beside Crystal.

I stopped in my tracks.

So much blood.

-----

A/N: Three words: I.  Am.  Evil.  You're thinking that right now, aren't you?  That I'm the most evil person ever?  If you said yes, my job is done.  Yeah, I'm so mean...and I love it.  But do not worry, I will not leave you hanging there for long!  Just long enough to be satisfied with how much you people wanna kill me.

Don't forget to vote!

~Stay cwawesome!