Chapter 21 - William

“Do something!”

“I can’t!”

“Why not?!”

“Because I can’t!”

“What?”

Charlie was still holding me back, along with Alex, Isaac, and Ross.  Her shoulder was busted, her foot was torn apart.  Robin wouldn’t make it if we didn’t get her out.

“We have to save her!” I shouted before Crystal could answer me.

“Well we can’t!” she yelled, looking up at me in annoyance. “She has to come out herself!  She either has to defeat him or die trying, because I know she won’t give up!”

I doubt she would as well, Robin would rather die than let him hurt another soul.  But I can’t just let that happen.  I have to save her.

“Can’t you do anything?!” I asked.

“I— ”

“You what?!” I was getting a little impatient.  Just a little.

She looked thoughtful. “I may be able to do something.”

Then do it!”

She gave me an annoyed glance, then turned to Fate, motioning for her to come down beside her. “Give me your hand,” she said, and Fate did just that. “Now, concentrate on Robin.  We need to help her; you’re the only one that can get us in there with her, just focus on everything you know about her.”

She nodded, looking nervous, and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath.  I stopped moving and watched, praying that whatever Crystal had in mind worked.  After a few minutes of them sitting cross-legged around Robin, their hands dropped and they fainted.

I tried to surge forward again, but Isaac grabbed my arm, shaking his head when I looked back at him.

“Crystal knows what she’s doing,” he said.

I know he’s right, but Robin was just lying there, and I was powerless to help her.

“She better,” I growled, coming out harsher than I meant it to.

Isaac’s grip slackened on my arm, and I looked to see him looking sorry.

“If I let you go up to her, you can’t touch her,” he said. “If you do, it could kill her.”

I swallowed the lump that was forming in my throat and nodded, letting him guide me beside Robin’s head.  I could barely hold back the urge to move the hair out of her face, sticking there because of sweat.  I watched her breathing, shallow but there, and couldn’t take my eyes off her face.  She truly was beautiful, every flaw making her more perfect.  I don’t get how, but it’s true.  There isn’t a thing she could do to make herself better.

Her blue eyes always sparking with curiosity and a deeper feeling, her red hair framing her face.  Her lips curling into a smile, never admitting defeat.  Why was I thinking all this?  It just made me sadder and angry that she was dying, it wasn’t helping.

Wait.  There’s only one explanation for this.

I like her.  But…it was more than that.

I love her.

I’m in love with Robin Hood.

-----

A/N: So hey, y'all.  I know, I know.  You want more.  Or, at least I hope you do...I'd hate to find out that y'all wanna drop my book.  I'm sorry to inform you, but I do not have a story this time.  In fact, I'm only updating right now because it's my birthday and I feel like being overly-nice.  So, yeah.  Thank me for this.  Yet again, I would like to find out who actually reads these things.  So, please mention tacos somewhere in your comment if you did.  I don't care how random it is, I would just like to know.

Welp, have a wonderful week and don't forget to vote!

~Stay cwawesome!