Chapter Three

It didn't take long for the two boys to grow hungry. Keith had remained in Lance's grasp for the last thirty minutes or so, and the robotic lion they were inside was protecting them as if they were her cubs. When Lance heard Keith's stomach growl, he slowly unwrapped his arms from his chest.

"If you need to wait in here, I'll come back when I'm done eating," Keith said, walking towards the mouth of the lion as she opened it.

"You're asking me if I'll be fine to be alone?" Lance asked quietly.

"You were about as pissed off as I normally am," Keith chuckled. "We can't have you attacking anyone the minute they look at me."

The way Keith said it made Lance blush. Lance knew the way Keith had worded it was the entire truth. He took a deep breath and made a show of becoming calm. The red paladin rolled his eyes a little, chuckling quietly to himself in the process.

"I'll be fine, Keith," Lance promised with a smile, walking up to him and out of the lion beside the other boy. "I'm too hungry to sit in here any longer, anyways."

They both went silent as they started to walk away from the lion, pausing at the particle barrier to wait for Blue to take it down. She did, and soon they were heading towards the dining area. The rest of the paladins, and Allura and Coran, were all sitting around the table. Allura gave Keith a small glare, making Lance regret his decision to leave his lion.

"Allura, what the hell?" he hissed. "Keith didn't do anything to you."

Everyone that wasn't Keith or Lance flinched at his harsh tone. Keith wrapped his arms around the blue paladin in an attempt to calm him down. The look on Lance's face was downright murderous and Keith knew that it would be bad if a paladin murdered one of their teammates. He knew that was the last thing they needed to deal with. 

"Lance, relax," Keith tried whispering, moving him over to one of the seats. "She isn't doing me any harm."

Lance leaned against Keith, closing his eyes as he took a deep breath. He was being way too protective over the boy he had always hated more than liked. Now, he was leaning against him. What was going on between them?

He suddenly felt fingers in his hair, and he could only assume it was Keith that was touching him. He couldn't help but wondering why the other boy was doing that. It took a moment to realize what Keith was doing, and when he did, his eyes snapped open. He hadn't dyed his hair since he had been at the Garrison.

"How long have you had white hair?" 

10/3/17