Chapter Ten

Keith nearly ran into Shiro on the way to his bedroom, ignoring the older man's confused look as he forced himself around the black paladin. He was on a mission to get to the Blade before he changed his mind completely. Why would he change his mind? Lance's feelings and ideas had shifted a lot in the last couple of days, and he wondered which one was really his peer's real emotions.

His brain was telling him he should wait for the next morning's meeting to be completed, and that had been the original plan, but he wasn't sure he could wait that long after their conversation. When he hit his room, he shoved open the door and started shoving his few contents into a bag he had gotten from the Blade. He strapped his knife to his jeans.

"Where are you going?" Allura suddenly said from behind him.

"I'm returning to the Blade," Keith said, trying not to glare in her direction. "Why do you care?"

"I found Lance crying about you leaving," she deadpanned. "He just found out some shocking news - you should be there for him."

It took everything in Keith not to punch the princess, hard. His fists balled at his side, and he slowly turned around to face her. He must have looked angry, for she looked a little nervous and took a step back.

"Like everyone was there for me when I learned of my heritage?" he asked, glaring at her. "I strictly remember you yelling at me every chance you had. You still hate me, and all I had to do, was be born."

She hesitated a little. Keith was able to at least mark one success for the day. He turned around again and started grabbing the rest of his things. "I told the Blade that I would be back by tomorrow. If you'll excuse me, I have a mission to protect the galaxy with people who are actually willing to protect me."

6/30/18