Chapter 6. Dream

Age: 7

(Edited chapter)

Your POV

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)! (Y/N)! Run! Fast! Go to the Village Hidden In The Leaves! Go to your father! I love you!"

I found myself crying and whining, sitting on the hard ground, confused, and in utter panic. Clutching the bleeding gash on my side.

My mom kept repeating the same things "Run! Go to your father! Dont look back! Just keep running no matter what you hear!"

Crawling up to my feet, I wiped my tears and started running. My older brother Kyoukai, covered in blood, followed me not far behind me. I looked at him as I ran, tears rolling down my cheeks. He gave me a reassuring grin, "Don't worry. I'll protect you. Keep running and don't look back, Ok?"

I let out a loud sob and nodded, going as fast as my tiny 3 year old legs could go.

A huge explosion from behind made me stumble onto the ground. My knees bruising as it scraped along the hard rocks.

Whipping my head around, my eyes widened in shock as I watched the Akuma compound getting swallowed in the bright flames. The thick grey smoke covered the sky. My brother was nowhere in sight.

A familiar sounding grunt reached my ears. "Mommy..?" I mumbled, looking around hoping to see her.

Beautiful red hair, brighter then even the flames, were sprawled over the floor. My mother pushed herself off of the ground but stumbled back down in exhaustion.

Five shinobi surrounded her, closing in on her weakened frame. Mother closed her eyes for a second, then opened them back up. The normally fiery spirit completely void in her eyes. She glanced over to me and smiled, a soft and gentle smile.

As she was mouthing something to me, a shinobi struck his kunai right through her chest. A singular tear drop rolled down her cheek.

Dropping her body to the ground, she turned her body to me, and with her last bit of strength, reached her arm out towards me, "Run." She commanded as more tears streamed down her face.

Devastated, I turned around and ran, covering my mouth to hide my screams and sobs.

"Argh!" I yelled out in shock while sitting up straight on my bed. Panting heavily as I held my stomach. My vision became blurry, tears filling my eyes. Loud sobs escaped my mouth.

The sight of my mother's dead corpse kept repeating in my head as I pulled the blanket off of me and ran towards the toilet. Buckling over it I vomited while crying my eyes out.

Wiping the vomit from my mouth, I leaned against the bathroom wall. I closed my eyes as I let out an exhausted sigh, finally calming down properly.

I got up and washed my face, brushing my teeth. "What time is it?" I wondered to myself while glancing at the dark sky out the window.

"I'll just sit down for awhile..." I mumbled as I sat down on the couch in the dark, listening to the clock ticking. I didn't want to sleep, scared to get the same dream again.

The night felt long and agonizing, but finally my apartment started brightening as the sun came up. "Finally. That took a lifetime."

The sound of two boys arguing neared my apartment, followed by a knock on the door.

"Morning, (Y/N)! You're still in pyjama's?" Obito cheered energetically as he looked at my pyjama. "How slow. Hurry up and get ready." Kakashi stated while sighing.

"Ah, Obito, Kakashi." I looked at the two in surprise. "Sorry, I forgot we were meeting so early. Please come in, make yourself at home."

"Give me ten minutes and I'll be done." I stated as I rushed towards the bathroom.

Kakashi and Obito sat down on the couch as they both looked around curiously. "It doesn't look like how I imagined a girl's apartment to look like." Obito mumbled.

"What do you mean?" Kakashi asked. "Well, like, I thought it would be pink with like stuffed animals and dolls all over the place." He explained.

"Dolls? I can't imagine (Y/N) playing with dolls. She's too.. brutish." Kakashi imagined a straight faced (Y/N) surrounded by a few cute dolls in cute outfits.

"Mhm yeah neither can I. But she's at that age right? Doesn't she play with anything?" Obito tilted his head.

"Voodoo dolls maybe." Kakashi stated to which Obito wheezed.

"Oh.. See thats why I call her brutish." Kakashi pointed towards the weapon collection on her wall. "What kind of seven year old collects weapons."

I listened to their conversation as I got ready. Locking the bathroom door behind me as I took a quick shower.

I wiped the the fogged up mirror and stared at my face for a second. My eyes trailed downwards, looking at the scar on the side of my body.

"Run"

My mother's voice echoed in my mind as flashbacks of the Akuma compound breaking down in the fire filled my head.

I groaned in pain, stumbling to the floor while clutching my scar. Burning sensations, almost as if it were on fire.

"Hm? (Y/N)? Was that you? Are you OK?" Obito asked in a worried tone as he knocked on the bathroom door.

His voice immediately returned me back to the present. "Im fine!" I replied.

The pain immediately vanished, almost as if I imagined it. I stood up and turned away from the mirror, "Monster.." I mumbled as I recalled my own reflection.

"Im done." I stated as I walked out of the bathroom wearing a pair of black pants, an Uchiha clan turtleneck, and fingerless gloves to complete the look.

"Cute- ?!" Kakashi covered his mouth in shock right after uttering that word. "Oh?! Did you just call her cute?!" Obito asked with wide eyes. I tilted my head curiously as I stared at Kakashi, waiting for his reply.

"I did not!" He replied, "I said BRUTE, not CUTE."

•••

TIRED
ITS 5 AM
I DIDN'T SLEEP AT ALL
WHOOPS

•••

Me: Awwwwww someone has a crush <3

Hidan: ur acting like that was a surprise.

Deidara: yeah, you already knew that this would happen so why are you being like that, un.

Me: can I have some fun too damnit

Pein: Im getting so tired of you guys

Me: awwww so you weren't tired of us before this <3?

Sasori: *facepalms*