12. Delta Jonathan.

POV Dayanara.

The mall was still in Alexander's territory. Unlike the school, which was on no man's land.

After two hours at the mall, Alexander was already carrying three bags on each arm. Suddenly a weird, filthy smell entered my nostrils. Even though I couldn't shift, I still got heightened senses.

"Rogues." Alexander growled. He pulled me to the side. "Stay here, I'm going to get the guards." He walked off after putting the shopping bags beside me.

"What's a pretty thing like you doing all alone?" A voice asked and I turned around.

"I'm not alone." I told the guy. He seemed around my age and he had blue eyes. The other three were maybe two or three years older.

"Would you look at that?" The blonde smirked, his gaze lowered to my neck. "We hit the jackpot. It's the Alpha's mate." I pulled a confused face.

"I'm not his mate, I can't even shift." I frowned.

"Then why are you wearing his necklace?" The brunette questioned, he seemed young, almost innocent.

"Why are you trespassing?!" Alexander's voice snapped behind me. His arm snaked around my waist and pulled me behind him.

"We didn't know, we're just passing through." The oldest said.

"Looks like you're staying." Alexander smirked. "Take them to the dungeon." He looked at them thoughtfully. "Except for that one," he pointed to the brunette. "He may go but he'll be escorted out of my land."

~~~

Alexander carried my bags to my room and set them next to my bed. "Alexander?"

"Yes, tesoro?" He replied, turning to face me.

"The rogues said that I'm your mate after they saw the necklace." I stated. "Why?"

"Every Alpha family has a type of stone on a necklace, they'll give it to their mate after they found her. The stone in my family is a Ruby and I had it made for my mate." He explained. "You may have seen your mother wearing one."

"She always wore an Emerald." I nodded. "But why did you give it to me?" I said confused, I was pretty sure I didn't have a mate.

"I gave it to you as protection. You need to wear it until you're officially a member of my pack." He instructed. "That way everyone will know not to harm you."

"Alright, I guess." I nodded.

~A few days later~

POV Alexander.

These past few day have been great. Dayanara's tan skin got its glow back, making her look healthier because she is not pale. She also gained a few pounds, bringing her to a healthy weight.

I love the way her eyes sparkle when she talks about something she loves. The wounds her uncle caused were healing quicker but I was still keeping her eye on her. Thinking about her like that made me want to see my mate.

So I walked out of my bedroom and followed her scent, which let me to the kitchen. "Hey." I backhugged her.

"Hello to you too." She smiled and turned in my arms.

"Uhm, why are you doing that?" I asked when her canines started to grow.

"I don't know what's happening." She panicked as she watched her claws appear.

"It's okay, calm down." I took her hands in mine. "Just imagine that your normal hands are in my hands."

"Thank you." She sighed when her claws and fangs were gone.