Chapter 10

As I walk into the school, everyone is whispering. I shrug it off and walk to my locker to grab my backpack and books. When I get close to my locker I see Dakota, and Charlie waiting on me. They already have a small crowd around them, Dakota's nose has a huge bruise on it that spread under her eyes as well. She looks pissed, I don't blame her but she had it coming.

"So you think you can just come into this school and assault me?" She seethes.

"For one sweetheart, it didn't happen in school, and two you deserved it. I'm not here to suck up to your high and mighty ass. And I'm not going to cater to your popularity. So do your self a favor Dakota, stay away from me and my friends, and maybe you won't get another nose job.." I say to her making everybody gasp, I push past her and get my things out of my locker. As I'm turning around, she yanks my backpack making me spin around. She lifts her hand back, bringing it hard against my cheek.

"You shouldn't have done that.." I say before tackling her. All I see is red as I swing at her face, she is screaming and scratching at me. I've connected with her face multiple times and she has drug her claws across my jaw. I'm about to land another punch when someone lefts me off of her and pulls me away making me struggle against them to get back to her.

"Let go of me!! She deserves it!" I scream as I try to get free. I feel a hand clasp over my mouth as I'm pulled into an empty classroom.

"Ashton! Calm down!" Mr Jacobs says as he stands in front of me. He has hold of my shoulders, making me look at him.

"You need to calm down Ashton, I know she is infuriating but you can't just attack someone." He says quietly, he stands back looking down at me.

"She hit me first.." I say looking anywhere but at him.

"Ashton, that doesn't change anything, I have seen your records." He looks at me skeptically.

"Mr Jacobs-"

"Call me Cole, I'm not much older than you Ashton and it makes me feel like an old man when you call me that when I am not in my class room. Now listen Ashton, I am going to let your mother know that you are going home. You need to calm down completely, I'll take you home." He says grabbing the phone off the wall calling the office. I look around, I really feel weird being in here. I notice him staring at me, his eyes roam over my body as he explains to my mom what's going on. I shiver as his eyes connect with mine. I look away, the way he looks at me makes me feel like I'm his prey.

"Yes, Mrs Niko thank you. I'll get her home safely." He says hanging up the phone. He walks over to me and gives me a small smile.

"Well, Ashton let's get going shall we?" He asks, putting his hand on the small of my back. I resist the urge to smack him for touching me. I follow him outside, into the parking lot and over to a black convertible Mitsubishi spider. My jaw drops at the beautiful car.

"How on earth can you afford this on a teachers salary?" I say, amazed by the car.

"Let's just say, I'm not the innocent teacher you may think I am." He looks at me seriously, giving me an uneasy feeling in my gut. I get in the car, and withing 15 minutes we are pulling into my driveway.

"I'll see you tomorrow Ashton, maybe one day I could see you outside of school." He winks at me as he pulls out of my driveway. I walk into my house, and pull out my phone. I have three new messages.

Brandon: hey, how is school going? You miss us yet?

Mom: we are going to talk when I get home.

Unknown: stay away from them.

I read the last message multiple times, who could it be and what in the he'll are they talking about.

Me: who is this?

Unknown: don't worry about that little Niko, just know that I'm watching you.

Me: who is this seriously? What are you talking about?

Im starting to get aggravated, but they never reply. So I decide to just reply to Brandon while going up to my room to relax and watch Netflix.

Me: hey, and not good, I got into a fight with Dakota. And Mr Jacobs brought me home.

Not even five seconds later Brandon replies.

Brandon: I'm sorry I wasn't there, I probably could have kept you out of trouble 😉

Me: yea, probably, and you could have saved me from having to get a ride from Mr Jacobs.

Brandon: wait jacobs gave you a ride home?

Me: yea, he had a really nice car to be a teacher. He seems a little strange, he told me he isn't the innocent teacher he seems to be. He also isn't much older than us.

Brandon: did he say anything to you when he dropped you off?

Me: yeah he said that maybe one day he could see me outside of school

It takes Brandon ten minutes to reply.

Brandon: I don't like him, he seems off. I'm going to have one of my guys do some digging, maybe he can find out what he means by not so innocent.

Me: ok, thanks. I'll see you later?

Brandon: yes ma'am! 😎

I smile as I put down the phone, and begin watching Netflix on my laptop. An hour into vampire diaries and I end up falling asleep.

I get woke up from knocking on the front door, I look around my room. I slowly get out of bed and check myself in the mirror. My jaw has a long scratch on it but other than that you can't tell I got into a fight.

I hear the knocking on the door again, I have no idea who could be here since no one told me they were coming. I go down stairs and open the door.

"Hello beautiful.."