Chapter 54

I put the ultrasound pictures in my pocket, it's been a couple weeks since the appointment, and I have to go back to school. I have been to Vinny's grave every single day, I put a picture of the ultra sound on his grave. His parents are so happy that I am having not one but two babies, but it's wearing on everyone that Vinny won't be there to see his children. I'm beginning to get a bump, And I'm dreading going to school because I am afraid someone might get on my bad side and I won't be able to do anything. Cole is practically living in the spare bedroom at my house, and when he isn't there Travis usually is. I haven't seen much of Brandon, though he texts me daily he has been caught up with work.

I have one day until I start school and I'm using today to go find Alex. I feel like he will be able to help me find Vinny's killer. I text the now familiar number.

Me: hey alex.. I need your help..

I send the text and close my phone as I grab my keys, I walk out of my bedroom and see my mom on her way up the stairs.

"Hey honey, would you like to do something today? Maybe get your mind off of everything.." she says, and I smile.

"Maybe when I get home mom, I am going to see a friend for a little bit. I'll be home around lunch." I say giving her a quick hug, before I leave.

"Please be home soon.." she says and I feel like something is off. I walk out the door and get into Vinny's car, I check my phone and realize I have a message.

Alex: what's up Niko? And sorry to hear about your boyfriend..

Me:I need some help finding someone..

Alex: I'm guessing you are looking for the person who done it?

Me: yes I am, I seen them at the funeral. I wasn't able to do anything because I didn't realize it was them until they were driving away..

Alex: I can help, meet at the ice cream shop.

It doesn't take me long to pull into the parking lot beside the ice cream shop. I get out and walk inside noticing Alex sitting in the back, I don't realize until I am a few feet away that there is a red headed little girl sitting in front of him. She has a big ice cream cone in her hand, and the Chocolate ice cream inside is melting over covering her hands and face. I feel my chest tighten as I see the resemblance between her and Alex.

Will my babies look that much like their Vinny?

"Who are you?" The little girl asks sweetly smiling her ice cream covered smile at me.

"My name is Ashton, what is yours?" I say smiling at her. Alex smiles at her as he wipes her face with a napkin.

"I'm Cassie! Are you going to eat ice cream with us?!" She says jumping up and down. She looks to be atleast five, she has a huge smile that must be from her mother.

"I will sit with you but my tummy isn't feeling well so I'm going to pass on the ice cream cutie." I say sitting down at the table beside theirs.

"Are you gonna have a baby?" The little girls blurts out, Alex hushes her but I laugh.

"Yes, I'm actually going to have two babies. How did you know?" I ask, she smiles sweetly.

"My mommy told me.." she says before continuing to eat her ice cream.

I look at Alex and his face is white, she must of had a dream about it or something.

"So um, when can we talk.." I ask quietly, the little girl in front of me doesn't seem to hear.

"Um, I have to take her home when she is finished.. you can walk with me if you would like, we can talk on the walk back.. I promise I won't do anything to harm you. You should feel honored, no one has ever even met Cassie. So you should believe that I trust you. She is all I have left.." he whispers, he wipes her face again quickly and she giggles before dipping her finger in the ice cream and running it over his cheek. I can't hold in my laughter, and the little girl smiles as if that was what she was waiting for.

"I like your laugh." She says before wiping more ice cream on her dad. His face is priceless as he continues to try to clean his face, but her little hands are to quick.

"Lord child, you are definitely just like your mother.." he laughs but his laugh is forced. Cassie calms down and continues to finish off the ice cream. My heart hurts for him, we have alot in common. We both lost someone, but we also have a major piece of them left. I place my hand on my stomach, and I feel like my babies know that i will always love them.

After we walk the little girl back to her house Alex begins to walk farther down the street. I follow along beside him, it's getting colder outside and I can feel the chill in the air. I wrap my arms around myself as I walk beside him.

"So tell me what the guy looked like.." Alex says after a couple minutes. I begin to explain in detail the guy and his car. Alex stays quiet for a long time as I continue to explain. When I finish explaining the person, he pulls his phone out and pulls up a picture that looks as if it was taken from a distance. He shows me the picture, and it's the same person.

"This is him isn't it?" He says quietly, he stops walking.

"Yes, how did you get that picture?" I ask, confusion clear in my voice.

"That's my dad.." he says as he looks at the ground.