Sneak Peek

THIS BOOK CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T READ "HER BLIND HUSBAND".

"All he needed was some love and a whole lot of healing!"- Amalk807.

A heavy heart.

A very very heavy heart.

That is what he had carried with him for more than four years.

Nobody knew of the pain, the grief and more so of the injustice he had been through. Years back, he had mistakenly chosen to carry all his guilty burdens alone.

Tears threatened to spill out of his eyes as he quietly sipped on his coffee.

Everything and everyone around him had drastically changed so much. People had moved on. Nothing was the same anymore. Well nothing except for his...

Family.

Right from the moment he had gotten back, they had proved to him that they still loved him all the same for who he truly was and that they believed in him despite him not giving them any explanations.

As yet!

"Here Hisham, have another chocolate chip cookie. They are your favourite right?" asked Yumnah as she placed another cookie on his plate.

"Thank you Yumnah but I am kind of full."

"Come on Akhi. Bring, lets share that cookie," said Yasir, a huge smile on his face completely oblivious of the state his elder brother was in.

Hisham silently nodded as he broke the cookie into half and as he passed the cookie to his brother, Yumnah didn't fail to notice his glistening eyes.

Was he crying?

But why?

"Thank you for telling Minha about me. I really appreciate it," said Hisham as he took a bite of the cookie.

"You don't need to thank us Hisham. You are family and Minha had every right to know about you. You just might end up being her favourite uncle but don't let Khaleel hear that," said Yumnah expecting Hisham to laugh.

"I...I...at least have a bond with her. A bond I thought I would never have," he said as he choked on his tears and Yasir immediately snapped his head in his Akhi's direction.

"Akhi are you okay?"

"He is fine Habibi. Just choked on his tea, that's all," Yumnah quickly interjected.

Hisham hung his head low, not wanting Yumnah to see the tears that were now continuously streaming down his face. He couldn't hold them back. He just couldn't.

Yumnah too quickly looked away, tears threatening to stain her eyes as well and for the first time in her life, she was extremely grateful for the fact that her husband was blind.

Why?

Because she doubted!

Doubted that he was strong enough to see the state in which his Akhi was in.

She too could not believe that this was the Hisham she once knew.

Long gone was the jovial and carefree Hisham Hosseini but rather, the man that currently sat in front of her was different.

He was broken.

A very broken man indeed!

***

PLEASE DO VOTE AND COMMENT.

UNTIL NEXT TIME,

ASALAM ALEIKUM.