:Chapter Ten:

“Mom, I feel like death.” I groaned, looking at her through squinted eyes.

                “You look like death,” She muttered, putting her hand to my forehead before pulling away with a sigh. “You’re hot. I think you have a fever.”

                I made a face. “Does this mean I’m staying home from school?”

                My mom rolled her eyes at me. “Yeah.”

                After twenty minutes, my mom was gone and I was left to trudge into the family room and onto the couch to watch TV. I kept groaning every two minutes and I even started to sneeze and cough every few minutes before realizing how much this sucked.

                Another half hour passed with me being miserable before a knock came from my door. I stared at it, wondering if I should go through the burden of getting up and walking over or just taking my chances and yelling “come in”. Before I could dismiss the latter, though, the door opened.

                “Hey, sicky.” Harry said, grinning at me as he slipped through the door then shut it behind him. “I brought movies.”

                I raised a brow, “Aren’t you supposed to be in school?”

                He shrugged. “Why bother? It’s boring and you’re here sick. I’d rather be here than school.”

                I smiled at the curly headed boy as he walked over to me, plopping down on the couch beside me with the bag of movies in his hands. Leaning forward, he popped in a movie and set it up on the TV before Paranormal Activity 3 showed up on the screen.

                “You’re perfect,” I groaned, then sniffled. “But you may want to keep your distance. I don’t want to get you sick.”

                Harry laughed, “I’ll be fine… and I know I am.”

                As we sat there together watching the movie, I couldn’t help but wonder how I came to be friends with this boy – and how we became close enough that he would do this for me.

-*-

                “Alright, bye honey. Feel better!” My  mom said through the phone before the line went dead.

                I grinned to myself, pushing the sheets off my body and slipping my phone in my pocket. I had told her I just wanted to spend the day recovering from my still-sickness, but in reality, I was just skipping the day with Harry and Niall while they took me to the recording studio. I was as excited as ever, considering this meant I’d be watching them record their second CD.

                Quickly, I touched up my make-up and bolted out of the room, towards the elevator at the end of the hall. My phone vibrated once I was in the elevator and I read a text from Harry saying: hurry up, you’re so slow! I rolled my eyes and shoved my phone back into my pocket before waiting impatiently for the elevator to start moving.

                Of course, it stopped a floor after it started and a guy walked in – a very attractive, black-hair blue-eyed guy – and flashed me a perfect smile. “Hey.”

                I smiled back at him, saying, “Hey.”

                “I’m Logan,” He said once the elevator started to move again, and I could see his eyes give me a once over. “And you are, beautiful?”