:Chapter Twelve:

When we got into the movie theatre, my stomach was clenching slightly at the thought of having to endure a two hour movie full of bloody gore, screams, and, well, horror. Almost sensing I was tense and not ready for this, Harry slipped his hand in mine and offered me a small smile that made my heat race.

                I smiled back at him before biting my lip and looking away, following Louis and Zayn through a row of seats. The theatre was half filled with couples, leaving a lot of seat selections – which also meant that the boys chose the exact center of the theatre to sit. I ended up on the end, which was the last place I wanted to be.

                On my right was Harry, who was still holding my hand. There was an empty seat on my left which made me either dread the thought of having nobody to protect me from evil on that side or feel sorry for whoever might sit there. It was five more minutes until the movie started playing and I grew more tense. Scary movies were not my thing.

                “Hey, it’s just a movie. And I’m here.” Harry whispered, giving my hand a squeeze.

                I threw him an uneasy smile and whispered, “Thanks.”

                He nodded, “No problem.”

                Five minutes into the movie and I was starting to become less tense. I mean, the beginning was never scary, right? Usually the beginning was funny. But then about an hour into the movie, people around me were gasping, hiding their faces, or covering their ears. I was gripping Harry’s hand so tightly that I was sure he’d yell at me if we weren’t in a movie theatre.

                As the murder started to creep up behind the main character, adding suspense when she turned around and could only see the shadow, I shut my eyes tightly. When I re-opened them a minute later, I saw the girl with blood all over her from her friend that had died earlier and the murderer right behind her. Quickly, I did the first thing I could do – I buried my head in Harry’s shoulder.

                Instantly, his arm wrapped around me. I felt myself grow increasingly safe with him as he chuckled in my ear, whispering, “See? When the scary parts come, leave it to me to protect you.”

                I pushed his shoulder gently, muttering, “Shut up.”

                He chuckled lightly again, and that’s basically how we spent the rest of the movie. Me hiding in his arms, and him fine with it.

-*-

                “Are we allowed to be up here?” Harry asked behind me, glancing around.

                I glanced back at him, throwing him a secretive grin over my shoulder. “Nope, so don’t make too much noise.”

                He raised a brow, smirking. “Who knew Fawn was so dangerous?”

                I winked. “That’s my middle name.”

                Harry rolled his eyes at me as I looked forward, stopping. We were currently on the roof of my hotel, and I was now currently looking out at tonight’s sky – which was pitch black and full of stars. Smiling at the scene, I sat down on the cement on the roof and drew my knees up to my chest. Wrapping my arms around my knees, I rested my head there, and looked at the sky.

                Harry sat next to me, and I could feel his body heat radiating towards me, which made me so badly want to curl into his arms like I had at the movie theatre. It was silent between us for a moment, but it wasn’t awkward or uncomfortable – actually, it was perfect. Innocent. There was nothing that needed to be said at this moment, and I loved the feeling.