Chapter 7

I managed to wake up early despite coming home late last night. I was taking upon Naruto's offer on eating ramen together. I managed to finish two extra-large bowls of his favorite Miso Char Siu ramen despite its quantity per bowl. It was satisfyingly good and I had suggested that we should do this more often. Naruto's eyes were glinting in happiness as I said it. It must have been the happiest moment for him.

Hiashi-sama had given me the Hyuuga's Jukengi as my graduation present last night. It was a loose-fitting, grey sparring robe with the Hyuuga crest on the back. This particular dogi helps facilitate Juken movements which result in better execution of the attacks. I proudly wore it that day along with the Fudo Masamune that was snug into Kakashi's present that was tied along my waist, substituting the dogi's belt. My headband was in the place of my familiar black cloth, though I am considering buying a goggle-like Naruto's I don't have any favorable place for the headband. I tied my long black hair to a low hanging ponytail to keep it tidy. I went to the dining room and found Hinata that was cooking us breakfast. I took my seat on the table.

"Good morning, Hikari-Nisan! You look good today," she said while stirring something on the stove.

"Thanks, morning! Do you get up this early every day?" I asked her while pouring some milk into my glass.

"Not this early. But I do get up before everybody. I got team chemistry training this morning. Kurenai-sensei wanted us to meet early," she explained.

"Yeah, mine too. I have to keep watch over Naruto today and make sure that he doesn't do anything stupid," I said as I nibbled a slice of bread.

"Thank you for befriending him when no one would, Hikari-nisan," her eyes were so soft as she said that.

"Don't mention it. No one ever deserves to be alone anyway and besides, I admired his personality. Speaking of which," I said, "you seemed to lose the stutter when you speak to me."

Her face flushed pink with embarrassment and her stutter returned to her speech.

"I-I... it's easier when you're my family," she said and I had to chuckle.

"Well, you should try this with our friends. Be brave, Hinata," I said and she bowed at me.

"I'll try my best. Thank you, Hikari-Nisan," Hinata said.

"Hinata, may I have that Omurice as my bento again?" I asked to change the subject. She smiled at me and hand me a package.

"Already had done it," she said as I grabbed the bento from her hands. I rose from my seat and bid her goodbye before I made way to the aforementioned training ground.

As it turned out, I was the first one who arrived there. On a whim, I decided to test out the chakra nature transformation that I had lightly gone through with Kakashi-sensei yesterday evening. Despite my enormous chakra capacity as Kakashi-sensei so aptly put, my grasp of it was far from perfect to my liking. This was most likely caused by the awakening of the Rinne-Sharingan, I mean, my mother said that chakra manipulation would come naturally to an Otsutsuki but this third eye was not in the picture when she mentioned it to me. It multiplied my chakra, strength, and ability to a great length. My left hand unsheathed my Fudo Masamune and brought my right hand to form the Seal of Confrontation as I kneaded some chakra. The blade glowed with a blue hue as lightning spark appeared from the blade and crackled the air. Then I got the bright idea of molding lightning and water chakra simultaneously. The blade glowed with a blinding white hue with a whirring sound that grew louder along with the increasing brightness. Suddenly, a beam of light and a loud bang was discharged from my Fudo Masamune towards a nearby tree. It punched a hole right through it which was significantly larger than the beam size itself. I then cut the flow of the chakra, in awe of my newfound accidental discharge of a technique. A few trees fell afterward and when I closely observed, I found that the destructive power was immensely great that the beam went a full 500 metres before the damage capacity exponentially decreased. Like I said, my chakra manipulation was far from perfect.