Chapter 15

We arrived immediately at the outside of Sarutobi-sensei's office. There was no one guarding the door save from a blue toad with some sort of saddle on his back. The toad paid us no mind as we knocked at the door and entered. The first thing that struck me was the smell. My sensei smoked too much for today. Sitting on his desk was another smaller toad in green that was cloaked by a dark grey cloth. Sarutobi-sensei was passively looking into a document but I knew him long enough to know that he was in deep thinking. One thing I was impressed by him was regardless of how distracted he was, he always knows when his attention is needed.

"Ah, Hikari-kun, you got my message and Kakashi-sensei too, you need to hear about this as well," Sarutobi-sensei greeted us as we made our way to the desk. We bowed at him.

"Hokage-sama, there is an important matter that you need to know first," Kakashi-sensei began and Sarutobi-sensei hummed for him. Kakashi-sensei continued explaining everything I said to the Hokage. When he was finished, I noticed that his face was surprised, but not too surprised as Kakashi-sensei was. Then, he scrambles through some folders and peeled out a piece of paper and placed it in front of his desk.

"Have a look. Thanks to both of you, I now know the answer to the puzzle on this paper," Sarutobi-sensei said cryptically. Both of us bend over and looked and we found out that it was Gaara's mission data. Kakashi-sensei was greatly surprised.

"This rap sheet is astonishing for a genin and he even came out unscathed from every? Every mission? Not a single scratch?" Kakashi-sensei commented.

"That's what it said," Sarutobi-sensei replied, "tailed beast had always been protective over their Jinchuriki. It made sense considering how the sand protected him."

"Sarutobi-sensei, you have to increase the precaution needed in case the boy loses control. The one who could subdue the beast is Naruto and that is if he got control over his which is not the case," I urged.

"Such precautions had long since implemented. Shodai-sama's Mokuton could subdue the Kyuubi's chakra and who's to say that the same can't be done on other tailed beasts. Perhaps, I could have Tenzou teach you the necessary jutsu later," Sarutobi-sensei said, "now, back to the order of business, Hikari-kun, meet the current Toad Sage of Myoboku-zan."

"Hikari-kun, my name is Fukusaku. I am the disciple of the Great Toad Sage. May I please see the eye?" the toad said. I untied my headband and bowed at him.

"Hyuuga Hikari, it is an honor to meet you, Fukusaku-sama," then I rose with the Rinne-Sharingan opened. The toad exhaled a deep breath.

"So this is the most elusive Rinne-Sharingan," the toad muttered. I rubbed the back of the head.

"The eye was just a hassle for me. Please, do get straight to the point, Fukusaku-sama," I said. The toad swallowed and seemingly not knowing where to begin.

"The mission you are about to go is a request from Myoboku-zan. This cannot wait until Jiraiya-chan's arrival," he began, "a legendary Sage is demanding to meet you personally."

"Is it the Great Toad Sage?" I interrupted.

"It wasn't, but the Great Toad Sage was ordered to send you to her," he went on.

"Who?" I asked, puzzled. The Sage was taking orders from him. I couldn't remember anyone else.

"The Phoenix Sage. The mere mention of her made Gamamaru-sama shivered in fear," Fukusaku-sama said.

"Eh, Gamamaru? The one who taught my brother's senjutsu, he's still alive?" I said, surprised and the green toad nodded.

"Gamamaru was around the same age of Rikudou Sennin when they met but the Phoenix Sage was the worst. She was immortal, had neither interest in mortals nor pity for anything or anyone even us summoning animals," Fukusaku was visibly in fear as he said this, "Gamamaru-sama said that he remembered how ruthless and cruel she was and how she cared for nothing but herself."