Chapter 20

Hikari's POV

My meeting with Itachi-san made me realized a number of things. One, being the elders must have been divided between the pacifist, Sarutobi-sensei and the callous, Danzo. With Sensei gone, the latter might come to the power over the elder thus, the need for a successor of the will of fire could never have been greater. Two, Itachi truly still a shinobi of Konoha, trying hard to discreetly protect the village by the shadows. Another thing, Uchiha Madara was assumed to be still alive and somehow controlling the organization that Itachi was in. I had now confirmed the fact that the threat was legitimate, thus I must devise a plan to prevent the incoming mayhem somehow. Filled to the brim with only questions rather than answers, I made my way towards Kakashi-sensei's house to check up on him as a distraction for this heavy workload to my brain. For my plan to work, Itachi and I will require some form of assistance. He is now among the few people that I could trust with my information after Sarutobi-sensei was gone.

"How I longed for your wise words, old friend," I complained silently to myself.

I was about to enter the apartment when Sasuke suddenly burst out of the door running. He didn't even notice me calling for him. When I got inside the room, the Jounins; Gai, Asuma, and Kurenai-sensei were still inside the room disgruntled along with Kakashi-sensei that was still bedridden.

"What's going on, what's wrong with Sasuke?" I questioned. Gai-sensei let out a breath before responding to my questions.

"He had found out that Itachi had come into the village in pursuit of Naruto. If I were him, I would want to search for Naruto if I wanted to kill Itachi," Gai-sensei said. I looked away at the distance, thinking about my friend. Sasuke wouldn't take this so well, as Itachi was unlikely to change his façade. Thus, I was deducing that things would end in a wrong turn down the road.

"Where is Naruto, anyway?" I asked after a moment.

"Jiraiya-sama went out of the village with the kid a little while ago as a precaution should we failed to defeat those two just now," Gai-sensei explained.

"I see, would you please chase after Sasuke for me, Gai-sensei? I wouldn't think that things would end well for him if he had found his brother indeed. I want to stay to look after my sensei here," I requested and the man stood up, gave me a thumbs-up before he jumped out of the window. I took his seat near Kakashi-sensei's bed. Being instantly curious, I looked around the place, my eyes caught a picture frame and I decided to take a closer look at it.

"That's the picture of Kakashi when he was still a genin," Kurenai-sensei told. I recognized his best friend, Uchiha Obito that bore the exact same expression as Naruto more or less. I chuckled at the expression worn by Kakashi-sensei, brooding as much as Sasuke that was in our team picture and how the third member, Nohara Rin must have been the bridge that connects those two much like Sakura in ours. At the end of it, I noticed something that was of the most importance.

"His sensei looks familiar," I commented. Both of them smiled at me.

"He should be, his face is on the Hokage stone faces. That's the Yondaime Hokage, he died protecting the village from the Kyuubi attack thirteen years ago," Asuma-sensei explained. But that is not what I meant.

"I get that but no, he looks exactly like Naruto. The hairs, the eyes, and the ears, it's glaringly similar," I said and both of them looked at each other as I made the connection. "So he sealed the Kyuubi inside his child."

"For you to figure this much out of a picture, you're an exceptionally bright kid, you know that. I trust that you would keep that information a secret. Yondaime-sama wanted him to have the Uzumaki name to protect his child from his past enemies and in turn, resurrects the dwindling Uzumaki Clan in one fell swoop," Asuma-sensei said. I couldn't help but chuckle that's where he differs from his father. Quite the strategist, I must say.