Chapter 11

I woke up reasonably early the next day. Sasuke had left to train a few minutes ahead of me. I went to the dining room in search of some breakfast if they had any. I noticed that Kakashi-sensei and Tazuna-san were drinking tea by the table so I chose to join them.

"Morning, Hikari-kun," our sensei greeted me. I nodded at him and reached for the teapot. I mixed the tea and hot water carefully and with all the etiquette for it. Tazuna-san was understandably intrigued.

"You know, you look like a kid but your attitude is far off from those brats," he said and I smiled at him.

"I was raised as an aristocrat that must know better about what is expected from a person regardless of the perspective. I had always believed that those who had a better grasp of one's mind would have more chance of understanding others, Tazuna-san. Hence, this so-called maturity that you so hopefully deduced. In truth, most kids of my age from my origin acted this way anyway," I said as I took a sip of my tea. Kakashi-sensei's eye was closed in a way that showed that he smiled indulgently inside his mask.

"Really? Why did those brats are different?" Tazuna-san pressed. My lips twitched upwards to form a half-smile.

"I was not originally from Konohagakure. I lost my entire family due to some sort of a border dispute or some kind. My mother sends me away in hope of saving me from the violence. I was alone in a forest for quite some time until this kind man brought me back to Konoha," I answered while motioning to Kakashi-sensei.

"If I recalled, you were crying like a snotty brat yourself," Kakashi-sensei poked and I grunted at him.

"Ugh, that was my few moments of weakness and I am far from proud of it. But if I recalled too, you seemed to lose your cool oni-san-face when you saw my eye," I quipped.

"It's not exactly something you saw every day, I admit I was taken aback," sensei said.

"What are you talking about, sensei? Byakugan is everywhere in Konoha," Sakura suddenly interrupts. I didn't even noticed that she was here at all. She must have been hiding her chakra so well. It seemed that her control of chakra had increased exponentially too due to the training. We couldn't say anything more because we were taken by surprise of her presence.

"It's nothing. Hey, you ready to get going? I'll be with you to guard Tazuna-san today," I said and she moved to the doors.

"Yep," she said simply and got out of the doors. Sensei and I let out our breath that was held for the few seconds of her appearance.

"What are you going to explain to her?" Kakashi-sensei asked and I sighed.

"I know that she is not stupid so everything there is, I suppose but I'll have her sworn to secrecy when I did. Besides, there is something I need to clarify with her," I said as I rose and went out of the doors. She was standing right outside looking at the waters. I formed a hand sign in an attempt to conceal our conversation from the prying ears inside.

"How much did you hear? And don't lie to me," I said, seriously and she jumped at my sudden tone.

"Everything," she said nervously and I sighed yet again.

"What I am about to tell you is a secret that only known by four people in Konoha. Now, do you swear to keep this secret with us?" I asked and she was surprised.

"Eh? Hikari-kun, if it was a secret, don't tell me then," she said with her hand rose up in defeat.

"No, you guys need to be in on this secret too. Since you guys are my only close friends in the village. I was adopted by the Hyuugas. My real name is Otsutsuki Hikari," I said as I sat down on the porch.