Chapter 27

Dawn was becoming more and more apparent over Konoha. Such view from a certain part of the village, say, the Hyuuga's forest, was innocently oblivious to the dark depressing world of shinobi. Konoha was always that kind of benevolent shinobi village with capable shinobi that had top-notch loyalty for the said village. There were a few hits and misses with Orochimaru who was the student of Sandaime Hokage turn rogue after he dark deeds were discovered by said Hokage, Itachi who left after slaughtering the entire Uchiha clan save from his brother who in turn had also left in search for power for his revenge. Konoha's Team 7 never gave up on their missing member. Each of them made a promise to become a greater shinobi and bring back Sasuke someday. What the team was oblivious with was Hikari had been working behind the scene with his available ROOT resources to track down Orochimaru's hideouts. The rigorous time spent on the double life was taking its toll on Hikari's relationship with Hitori. Thus, that night was the first night that they both have at it since Yuki no Yama months ago.

Hitori was first to wake up the next morning and her fiancé was still sleeping soundlessly beside her. She snuggled closer to Hikari as she brushed her right palm over the boy's cheeks. The phoenix sage smiled fondly when she thought about her fiancé's antiques last night, the one that he was mentioning how neglectful to her he had become since the ROOT fiasco. She had never thought about it that way and the previous night had been spent to prove to him that she would stand by him no matter what. She had strongly hoped that the previous night would finally shut him up for good about it. The boy suddenly stirred in her hug and Hitori brushed Hikari's hair to soothe the boy back to sleep.

"Hmm, I could get used to this, having this kind of wake up call in the morning does has its perks," Hikari murmured as he hugged the girl tightly and muffled her in his chest. Hitori let out a wordless incomprehensible scream before she had decided to yank her fiancé's hair to shred. The boy naturally winced loudly before he gave up and released the girl.

"Heh heh! That's what you get for doing that to your elderly, brat!" Hitori darkly said as she let out some murderous intent. Unaffected, Hikari jumped over her and started to tickle her to death.

"Elderly, my butt! Last night was no elderly on top of me!" Hikari laughed maniacally as he continued his attacks. Hitori's face was red as she was laughing herself to tears.

"Stop it! Stop!" she screamed, pleading. "Stop it! I said!"

The air suddenly grew hot when Hitori sprouted wings on her back. Her face was that of an angry, annoyed predator and Hikari would get it now. The boy, noticing her, immediately released her and ran towards the nearest exit, not before stumbling down the bed. That had made Hitori burst out laughing. Hikari was naked at the time and with a bruise was rising on top of his head along with the story behind it, the girl couldn't stop laughing for a good ten minutes. The boy stood up pouting before he went to the kitchen to fix something up for breakfast that morning. After a few minutes of tinkering, they had a bowl of soba with miso soup each for breakfast before Hitori decided to take a bath before Hikari did. When it comes to the boy's turn, he had appreciated the warm inviting bath that his fiancé had fixed up for him. It had washed up all the fatigues from last night's escapades and also, his work.

Hikari wore a black jumpsuit for the day before he put on his Jukengi on top of all that. He still hadn't picked up a new Jounin vest from the Ninja Administration building yet and so he was indulgent to wear Hiashi's gift for his graduation. The boy was walking all around the house until he had found his fiance who was standing at the porch peering at the sunrise. Her red sakura-themed black kimono was on her brought Hikari back to the memories when they were at Yuki no Yama. The boy slowly walked up behind her and hugged her softly. Hitori gasped before she leaned back onto the boy. The Hyuuga kid gave his fiance a soft kiss on the phoenix sage's bright, soft blonde hair.