Chapter 7

A sword of light is held up to my throat. The man behind the blade was scowling, but that didn't make him any less.... Beautiful.
      "Die Akuma" his voice was deep and threatening. It seems to lull me into relaxing even though I had a sword to my throat. But it was just a misunderstanding.
      I follow him into the order and offer my hand to him.
      "Che I don't shake hands with cursed people" the mysterious man sharply turned aroud and walked away.
      I watched him as he walked. He walked with purpose and grace. It was hard trying to keep my eyes off him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   The man, Kanda I found out, was threatening a finder. I stand up and grab his hand. We bicker back and forth. This is only the second time we talked but it seemed so natural.
"I'll learn your name when you live longer than a year" he said. He marched away leaving me in an irritated state. No one can affect me like that and I hate him for it. I don't think when I'm in his company. I smack myself for being so rude, but there's something about him that makes me loose my control. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  My first mission was with Kanda. We both were silent on the way there.      
We traveled through the destroyed city. When I saw the akuma I alerted him and we both quickened our pace.
      "Fall behind and I leave you" he spoke cooly. I ran faster in response and continued to follow him.
      We both fought the akuma and found it quite easy until a level two showed up.
      Instead of leaving me we fight together. It was a little messy, and Kanda got hurt, but we were able to defeat it.
     We found the doll and the man under the wrecked town. Lala, the doll, pleaded for us to let her sing until the old man died. Kanda was going to take the innocence, but I made him wait. We argued and when he finally just let me do what I want he insulted me for being weak.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ There were many moments between us that made me nervous. Like when we trained. I could feel his body on mine while we move to kill each other. He couldn't train with anyone else, so it was just our time alone.
There were times when we bickered and it turned into a full blown fist fight. Everyone would leave, scared for their lives, once again leaving us alone.
The small touches we shared when we fight or when we are on the trains and I fall into him, are unnerving to me for some reason. When something like this happens to Lenalee it feels fine, it doesn't matter at all.
Every time I was around him I could feel something, but I could never figure out what it was. There was a spark and when he left my body ached for him to come back. He needed to come back so I could beat him, but deep down I knew that wasn't the reason. More things happened between us, but I never really realized how much Kanda was involved in my life until that day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Kanda loves Alma. I know it's something I can never have, but that doesn't stop the pain in my chest. I need to help them. I need to help Kanda, so I do.
I fight with Kanda telling him just to take a look at Alma. I know he won't listen so I fight harder.
I finally get a chance to fix this. Kansas body is pressed into mine. Kanda's panting and from this distance I can feel all of his muscles shaking. We both stand there as still as we can after fighting for so longs. I cough up blood and it falls on Kanda's chest. Mugen is stabbed through my chest.
"Why does Alma have that look on his face? I don't understand" I say to Kanda. He takes his sword out of my chest and I fall to the ground bleeding.
From there everything goes black for a few minutes. Everything is happening so fast.
Kanda can't be dead. He's laying in the round his skin white and cracked like a doll. I always thought he was like a doll, but now I regret every time I thought that. He's not a doll he's alive. I tell myself I'm my head.
I see his chest heaving and I bring Alma over to him as a farewell gift. I know what needs to be done.
In no time at all I'm holding a broken Kanda is my arms falling from the sky. I drop Kamda onto Alma who has turned into black matter.
"Do you remember where our first mission was?" Kanda asks. I open a gate to Martel and watch Alma and my friend leave.
"Goodbye"
My whisper was carried by the wind never to touch Kandas ears.
"Thank you Allen Walker" he smiles up at me as he falls towards Alma.
Kanda, you can finally leave. Do you have closure now? Did I do good? Did I help you?
They both fall through the portal and it explodes into white flakes. They fall down on me like snow.
Snow. That's what Kanda is. Cold but beautiful. It destroys what once was to make something new, something better, but for flowers to grow snow must melt. Isn't that right Kanda?
__________________________
I really hope you like this! I tried to make it as accurate as possible. 81 readers!!!! Thank you all so much.
New chapter coming soon.