Chapter 28 (End)

"Just tell us the damn cost" Kanda chided. Neah sighed.
    "Every time a command is used a day is taken off both of your lives. You both become one day closer to death" Neah's eyes were almost black with rage.
     "The second you do something stupid you die" he threatened. Kanda nodded. It seemed he fully understood the weight of this new curse. Good. Neah thought.
     Neah's dangerous aura slowly disappeared. Allen was back. Allen's unconscious body fell down. Kanda moved just in time to grab Allen before he hit the ground.
     The white haired boy moaned and opened his eyes.
     "K-Kanda?" His voice was a bit raspy, but besides that Allen was fine. Kanda sighed in relief.
     "What do you want beansprout?" Kanda tried to scowl, but it somehow turned into a soft smile. It was barely noticeable. Allen was the only one who saw the light in Kanda's eyes and the way the corners of his mouth were slightly upturned.
     "Did we win?"
     "Yeah. We did. Now get off me" a small blushed appeared on Kanda's face. After telling Neah that he loved Allen, everything that has to do with Allen seems a bit more embarrassing. 
      Slowly everyone from the order that couldn't fight came out and rushed to the wounded exorcists.
     Komui was being held back by Jonny and Reever yelling for his baby sister. The two couldn't seem to hold him back anymore so they just let go.
     Komui ran as fast as he could towards Lenalee. He kneeled by her side and fussed over her with tears in his eyes.
     Lavi ran to Timothy and Bookman. Lavi has crocodile tears streaming from his face. Yelling about how cruel the world was to take the two away from him. Without Lavi noticing Bookman got up and kicked Lavi in the head landing perfectly in the ground as always. Timothy was cracking up making fun of Lavi.
     Marie walked around helping the doctors despite his own condition.
      Suddenly an arc gate opened. Bak and others from the Asian branch rushed out to help bringing medical supplies.
     Most people were bringing the injured to the Asian branch as some others were searching through the rubble for important objects. Thankfully nothing to important was broken.
    Part of the building was completely destroyed, but it was only the training grounds and Komuis Komrin store closet.
Since the two love birds were completely healed thanks to the curse and Neah, they were helping out where they could. Kanda was wherever Allen was. Helping with injuries, collecting whatever was needed at that moment, and rushing between branches to get things ready for all the new people the Asian branch would be accommodating for a while.
     It took a few hours, but by nightfall everything was organized again. Everyone who could gathered in the dining hall for a big feast.
     Allen happily strode in the room going around and talking to people. Without Allen realizing Kanda walked up behind the bean and glared at the people who he thought would try anything.
     "Who thought Kanda would be so possessive already?" Lavi whistled. Allen turned around and started lecturing Kanda about scaring people off.
      The night went well. It lifted everyone's spirits. Taking their minds off the horrible tragedy that took place only hours ago.
      Allen decided to leave when the adults started to drink. It brought back bad memories with Master Cross.
       Kanda followed Allen into the room he was assigned to. The bean let Kanda in with no complaints.
      Allen took off his clothes, sleeping in only his trousers and his white button up shirt. He sank down into the bed and looked over at Kanda who was standing by the door.
      "What's wring Kanda?" Allen asked.
     To be honest Kanda was worried. He told Neah that he loved Allen, but does Allen know? Does he return his feelings?
       Allen sighed and patted the bed next to him. Kanda grunted, but complied all the same.
      Kanda tensed when he felt Allen's arms around his waist. He looked down to see the bean resting his head on Kanda's shoulder.
     "I know what you're worried about" Allen started.
     "A few days ago when I asked you if you loved me I honestly didn't know what I wanted you to say.  I've always loved your stubborn ass, but you hating me was the only thing I held onto. I'm grateful for what you did Kanda" Allen closed his eyes and picked up his head off Kanda's shoulder.
       Allen's face was bathed in the moonlight making him look like and angel.
      "I'm sorry I didn't say so earlier, but I love you Kanda" Allen said.
       He heard a small murmur from Kanda.
      "What did you say?" Allen asked softly.
      "Yuu. Call me Yuu" Kanda said quietly.
      Allen jumped up and grabbed Kanda making him lay down next to Allen. Kanda's head found its way to Allen's chest. His faint heartbeat lulling him to sleep.
     "I love you, Yuu" Allen said.
     "I love you to Aren" Kanda purred.
      The two exorcists fell asleep. For the first time in a long time they both slept peacefully. No nightmares. No worries. No Noah.
      They fell asleep knowing that the war was over.
________________________
This is the last chapter. Thank you so much for reading this story.