Chapter 7 : The King's POV

"Where were you last night?" Sebastian inquired. I shrugged him off, going into my room to take a shower, my mind was completely clouded with my mate. Specifically, how badly I've already damaged our relationship.

"Oh shut it Sebastian." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, so you were with her! You dirty little--" He began, I ended up cutting him off.

"Fuck off!" I shouted from the bathroom. That little shit, always bothering me about her. Honestly, doesn't he have his own mate to worry about?

Every time I even think about Charlotte, immense guilt washes over me. I never intended for her to be so fearful of me, I was just afraid of losing her again, like what almost happened at the cliff.

She doesn't deserve me, I haven't treated her like mates do, and I regret it every passing day. To Charlotte, I'm just a cold, blood-thirsting, merciless King who has no respect for her. I dropped my head into my hands, massaging my temples as I sighed heavily.

I loathe myself for letting my anger and pride getting so far in the way of what could be our relationship. For nearly 10 years, I have searched for mate. And now that I've found her, I don't even know how to act.

Last night, all I wanted to do was comfort her, let her know everything would be alright. Goddess knows how startled I was to wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of my mate's screams.

I see the fear in her eyes every time I try to touch her. And each time, I regret even more being so violent with her last week.

I don't know what came over me, my wolf was so overwhelmed with finding out mate, the second she began her rejection he went completely insane.

The sight of myself choking my mate with my own hands made me sick to my stomach, and I regret letting my wolf take so much control over me.

Aggressively massaging shampoo through my hair, I felt my wolf recoil within me even. He had become dormant since that day, the two of us ashamed and angry with ourselves. He knew he had messed up big time, and hasn't spoken since.

I finished my shower still feeling conflicted, trying to think of ways to apologize to my mate.

****

After dressing myself for today's Alpha duties, I stopped by Alice's room. "Take her shopping alright? Just don't tell her how much anything is or how much you spent. I can't handle another fight with her." I handed Alice a credit card.

"Sure, maybe we'll go looking for cute boys too while we're at it." She said sarcastically.

"Alice," I warned. She mocked me right back, "Alice.." She said with a low grumble. She laughed at my expression.

"Whatever," I said, "Just make sure neither of you get hurt or else your ass is on the line." I reprimanded. Once again she just rolled her eyes and shooed me out of her room.