Twins

"Good morning." Kayden said huskily, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Go away," I said, trying to fall back asleep. I felt his chest rumble lightly and I internally glared at him. Punk.

"Excuse me, I am no punk." Rats. This damn mind link business is really screwing me over.

"Damn right." He said in response to my last thought.

I groaned audibly and turned towards him, giving him the biggest dirty look I could muster.

"If you don't mind," I said, narrowing my eyes, "I would like to go back to sleep, Trojan." Confusion washed over his face and gave me an odd look.

"Long story, I'll tell you later." I stated, dismissing the topic. "But can we please please please please go to bed." I begged. It was way to freaking early for this butthead to be waking me up.

He shook his head in amusement. "Anything for you, my Queen." Huh, I almost forgot about that. I'm gonna be the fucking Queen. How cool is that? I snuggled back into Kayden's warmth and within minutes, I was fast asleep.

When I awoke, I could feel Kayden quite literally breathing down my neck. I shifted downwards slightly so we were more eye level. This time I was the first to awake. That almost never happens. Deciding to have a little fun with this golden opportunity I got all up close and personal with his ear.

Then, I decided to scream, "Good Morning!!" As loud as I possibly could. He jolted awake instantly and once the shock wore off he looked at me with a frown.

"Not funny Charlotte." He said with a pout. I burst into laughter, not being able to handle his expression. He looked like a dog that just had his bone taken away. I couldn't help the grin that spread across my face. Serves him right, this should teach him to never wake me up that early.

"God you're so perfect," I heard him mumble under his breath, his face softened slightly. I stopped laughing and looked at him incredulously.

"What'd you say?" I said, raising an eyebrow.

 "Me? Oh nothing," He said, feigning ignorance. I rolled my eyes at him, snuggling closer to his chest.

"When's the ceremony?" I asked.

"In about two days I'd say." I instantly jolted upright.

"What!?" I exclaimed, my eyes growing wide. He placed a hand soothingly on my shoulder.

"It's okay, you'll be fine I promise. The pack loves you already alright? Just be yourself." He soothed. My shoulders relaxed and I sighed.

"Do you think I'm ready to be a proper Luna? I don't want to become the downfall of this pack." I said.

"Downfall? Of the Royal Moon Pack?" He emphasized, "The only way that could ever happened is if you left me. And I will most definitely be making sure that will never happen. Got it? You're mine and only mine."

I rolled my eyes at his possessiveness. "I am not your property, nor am I some kind of inanimate object you own." I said, giving him a small glare.

He sighed, placing a kiss on my temple, "Charlotte, that's not what I meant. All I'm saying is that you are my mate, and I'll be damned if anyone even thinks to separate us." He said.

"Better," I said with a small smirk. I grabbed him by the shirt gently and pressed my lips against his for a chaste kiss.

****

When two little kids came barreling into the pack house, I was more excited than ever. "Isaac! You're back!" I squealed, giving him a bear hug. "And you've brought your kids!" I said, looking at the two children who in return stared at me with their big doe eyes.

"Yep, this is Charles and that is Chloe." He said, introducing me to the kids.

"Twins?" I asked.

"Yes!" They both chirped in unison.

"I guess you can see where I got their name inspiration from." Aaron chuckled, looking at his two kids.

"Auntie Charlie?" Chloe asked. I glared at my brother discreetly for teaching them that horrid nickname. Aaron simply nodded at his kids and they grinned at me, tackling me in side hugs, each one latched onto one of my thighs.

"How old are they?" I asked.

"Three," He replied.

"Honey, where are the kids--" A woman stopped dead in her tracks, "I see you've met the little ones. Hi, I'm Rose, you must be Charlotte." She said as she continued to shake my hand. I smiled warmly at her, taking in her appearance. She was a beauty, no wonder she clicked so well with my brother. 

"Yes, I'm so glad you guys could make it." I replied, giving my brother a small nudge on the shoulder.

"It's your Luna Ceremony, we wouldn't miss it for the word. Plus, it isn't so often when the future Queen is appointed Luna. Next thing you know, it'll be your coronation." He said, pinching my cheeks.

"Where's all you're stuff?" I asked.

"The movers are gonna bring it all into the pack house later." He responded, his eyes traveling to their two arguing children." I looked down to see them fighting over one of my legs and I laughed.

Picking up Charles, Chloe jumped into her dad's arms. "Hey there cutie, aw look at your dimples!" I said, tickling his stomach. I smiled at my nieces and nephews, my heart warming at the fact I had more family left than I thought. He giggled and squirmed in my arms.

"Auntie Charlie!" Chloe squealed, struggling out of Aaron's hold. I laughed and traded the twins.

"Happy now little Chloe?" I asked with a small laugh, "There's enough of me to go around." I joked, ruffling her soft hair.

A deep voice resounded in the room and my eyes snapped to meet my mate's. "I sure hope there is." He said, leaning against one of the walls. I rolled my eyes at him, Chloe now clinging to my neck. Clearly, Kayden scared her.

"Hey big-wolfie, you're freaking out the kids." I said, rolling my eyes. He walked over and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Chloe," I said, her fearful eyes slowly meeting mine. "This is Uncle Kayden, he's my mate." I said, making her face lift.

"Mate?" She repeated out of curiousity. She slowly reached her hand out to feel his face and next thing you know, she pinches his nose. She squealed and laughed, "Grr!" She mocked, scrunching her eyebrows.

"Hey, I think she's starting to like you!" I said, chuckling at Kayden's irritated face.

Prying his face away from her little hands he grumbled, "We'll see about that."