Chapter 13 : Invaded

When I awoke a second time the bed was empty. I felt the sheets around me, the bed still felt warm, indicating he had only left a few minutes ago. In a short moment, the door was opened and he was there, holding a dish of breakfast in his hands. "I didn't want you to be hungry," He said handing it to me, scratching his neck sheepishly.

I gave him a small smile, "Thanks, that was very thoughtful of you." I said with gratitude.

"Are you okay? These past few days must've been hard on you."

I set the plate down on my bedside table, "Just tired, that's all. I think I need some alone time."

****

A loud bang awoke me from my third nap of today. I shot up off the couch and looked around, wondering what that was. Kayden ran into the room, just as alarmed. I cautiously walked towards the door, afraid of what it had been.

Peering outside, I heard yells all over. There were guards everywhere, mainly centered in one area. As I stepped closer, a familiar scent filled my nose. I couldn't exactly put my finger on it, the scent seemed just too distant.

A man was in the center of it all, yelling at the guards who tried to restrain him. Behind me, I could feel Kayden becoming angry, probably because there is a rogue on his land. He made a beeline for the middle, pushing his men out of his way.

I could barely see anything from where I was standing. But from what I could hear, Kayden finally got his hands on the rogue.

The rogue was dragged away from the crowd, bruised and battered. I stepped closer, trying to calm down Kayden and plead him to show this man some mercy. It was assured he would die a painful death, just like I would've if I hadn't been the Alpha's mate.

But once I did get a full view of the trespasser's face, my stomach dropped.

Issac.

I ran towards them as quickly as I could. Instantly prying him from Kayden's deathly grip. He looked up at me, "Charlie, is that really you?" My eyes began to tear up as I nodded.

He pulled me into a bear hug as I sobbed into his shirt, he too was crying as we were finally reunited. Behind me, I could hear an extremely loud growl. It almost shook the ground beneath us, all commotion coming to an abrupt stop.

In a short moment's notice, Issac was harshly yanked away from me and Kayden had him held by the neck. "Don't you dare touch what's mine!" He boomed. Goddess, he didn't know shit did he? I grabbed him by his arm and pulled him back into the pack house.

Of course, he dragged Isaac along with him, not letting his grip loosen the slightest. Once we were indoors, he tossed him to the ground roughly and turned to me angrily. "What do you think you're doing? You are mine!" He growled out.

"That's my brother you asshole!" I stomped away from him and grabbed Issac along the way, taking him straight to my room.

Once we were in there he sat on the edge of my bed, wincing. "You guys sure know how to man handle, geez. What am I to y'all, roadkill?" He said, rubbing his arm distastefully, I smiled slightly at him.

"I haven't seen you in ages," I breathed, my eyes watering.

"I know Charlie, we spent years searching for you, it devastated the entire pack. I just wish I had saved you,"

"It was too late for that, what happened happened and you couldn't have done anything. We were just kids Issac." I said, my voice thick with emotion.

"A few years after you were taken, I ran away. Mom and Dad knew where I was going, and they were pissed with me for the longest time," He said regretfully, "It was selfish I know, but I couldn't stand myself for not finding you all those years, I hated myself."

"You're here now, and that's all that counts."