chapter 7

I had on a white off shoulder chiffon gown with some beauitful flower embroidery. I could hear the chattering coming from downstairs and the pool area  which means that the guests have started pouring in. Jeamal sat down in her purple makeup vanity, and chose a burgundy red from her lipstick collection.
"Am all done ", she thought while staring at her reflection in the mirror. The white dress fitted her perfectly with the little slit to show off her beauitful legs, and her curly hair was tied up in a bun which allowed her plump thick lips to showcase the lipstick. She walked to the window and watched as all the guests wore a smile on their faces expecting her to join them soon. She took a deep breathe when someone knocked.

Celay was stunned when she came into the room with Jeamal's mom.
"Holy crap J", Celay said when she saw Jeamal. "Did you ever think about modeling because.....damn girl".
Jeamal's mom smiled so wide as she walked up to Jeamal and hugged her. "I knew you would look hot in that dress", she with tears in her eyes. " It is every mothers dream to share such a happy moment with their daughter, I would never have given this up for anything dear".
"Maybe I should get pregnant myself, if it has such power boo", she said  pulling Jeamal into a long friendily hug.
Celay and Jeamal spoke for a few minutes before Celay left to help greet the guests who where invited.

Bryan POV

I left the house quite late after I had a meeting with my dad. I wanted to attend the baby shower even if ninety percent of the attendees would be women.
I pulled up at Jeamal's place and the first person that greeted me was Celay. Celay and I have been bestfriends for five years but i still have to admit she was crazy but a different kind of crazy.
"Watzzupp.....Jellybean", Celay said in an excited voice. She reached for my hands and dragged me to the pool.
"How long has been Jelly bean?".
I must admit again that she is very good with names too. "Is that how you say hi to me after six months?", I said with a smile.
"She waved her hands knowing I didn't like the name she called me.
After having a serious talk with Celay, I greeted Mr and Ms. Peters, amd said hi to some familar guests.

The lights became dim and a little bright light followed Jeamal as she walked down the stairs. Jeamal smiled genuinely seeing how every eyes was fixed on her. My dad held the tears in his eyes probably wishing that his little girl wasn't grown yet . Bryan was speechless as his face and boby was remained still with his eyes following me. I came downstairs and sat down on this huge beauitful sparkly pencil gray couch swing. Everyone one of my girlfriends piled around me with questions, gifts and of course with smiles on their faces. I didn't announce my baby's gender,  but the smart ones would tell by the color of the swing that it was a boy. I finally had a chance to stand up and Bryan approached.
"WOw, look at you", he said devouring my look with his eyes.
"Your gorgeous", he said repeatedly. I smiled trying to find way to get some food.
"Thanks love", I flirted back. He smirked knowing that I was not taking him seriously.
My parents got everyones attention as the started their toast to the baby.
"We prepared something for our baby Jeamal, Jeamal you are the strongest woman I know and have dealt with. You manage to get everything done without asking for help even when you need help", my mom said on the microphone as she tried to swallow the tears. My parents always scolded me for not asking for help while growing up. I never thrived receiving help no matter what the situation was and that is something i have been working on. I never wanted to be anyone's burden instead I rather have someone be my burden. I was a weird child. Eventhough my family and friends knew, they  accepted me.
Light came on the huge screen with a video of me running away from Celay. Memories came rushing as I watched the video of me in the hospital bed after my accident and surgery. I tried not to cry but I couldn't help it. Celay and Bryan approached me and gave me a group hug, then I knew no matter what i had my family backing me and these where my family.

That night Bryan and Celay slept over. I went downstairs to the kitchen after taking a shower. Sometimes, I had night cravings and tonight it was chocolate  chips and some orange juice. I munched on my chocolate chips as I went out to the kitchen balcony. It felt like heaven as the chocolate chip melted in my mouth when i noticed something. There was a car parked opposite our house by this time of the night.
"this is a private estate and road at that....no one would park there at night", I thought looking properly and it wasn't a police car. I saw some one walking towards the car and then looked up at me. I quickly hid in the shadows and watched him get into the car but then he was not the only one. He was waiting for someone then I heard my name.
"J,J...what you doing up so late". I realised it was only Bryan; I came into the kitchen sliding the door close.
Bryan saw the chocolate chip and laughed, "what you up to now J?".

****thank u for reading.."Who was parked outside jeamal's house?". "Did Bryan notice what Jeamal noticed?". "Would Jeamal have her baby?".
Continue reading to find out😚😚😚