Chapter 17: Aren't you glad to see me?

I never knew if I would find happiness but surprisingly happiness found me. It returned a part of myself that I had long forgotten. Blake was doing all the right things in all the right ways and we've lasted two and a half weeks which didn't surprise me. What did surprise me though was Blake didn't seem to being getting bored of me. He told everyone we were dating including a random beggar as we walked on the side path of central town doing some clothes shopping because the holidays were approaching. Blake didn't seem too interested in this event but he still accompanied me and let me bully him into getting himself a cute outfit.

I had a shit load of homework with finals approaching and my anxiety levels were through the roof. All Blake and I did for the following week was study separately, so we wouldn't get distracted. Wink, wink. We also ate supper together and cuddled together before bed every night. I had practically moved into his room and we were at a good place in our relationship. Things hadn't progressed further but we were comfortable. That was the best kind off stable relationship to have.

"What are you writing today," he asked me as I gobbled up porridge. I was not one to eat porridge but I was rushing because my exams was in twenty minutes and it was the first thing I found. "Advanced English thank God it's my last. What's your paper?" He gathered his books as he spoke to me. "Mathematics and Biology. I have a double session but then I'm also done." I smiled at him. He looked so stressed and agitated so I let him be. I finished up my breakfast, kissed Blake on his cheek, grabbed my backpack and left.

I made it to my exam room with eight minutes to spare.

"Finally it's over. I can fucking feel the tension leave my body," Noah claimed as we walked out of our exam room. "That paper was good." I nodded. "But it's not over. Now we have to wait for results," I pointed out. Noah just rolled her eyes at me. "Lighten up Lex. We should go to a party tonight." And she rumbled on all the way to the dorm.

I had a hot shower to get rid off all the exam tension, pampered myself and gave my body the well deserved attention it needed. Noah went back to her dorm after we ate lunch and Blake was probably finishing up his last paper. I wrapped the towel around my body while I stood in the bathroom and blow dried my hair. It had grow a lot recently and was close to my ass. It looked really cool. I had always wanted long hair. I heard the door close so I switched of the blow dryer and changed. Blake was probably back and I didn't want to tease him without being able to supply. We properly spoke about sex and decided we should wait a little longer because it would be my first time and I was too emotional with the stress of exams. Even though exams was over I didn't want to do any hasty. I walked out of the bath and my heart rate shot up through the roof.

Hot tears rolled down my cheeks and my body felt weak. How could he be here? "Connor?" He smirked at me as he stood up from the sofa. "Hey babe," he replied. My hands were terribling and I fought hard to stable my voice as I spoke. "What are you doing here?" I don't know how but even though it was shaky it still sounded calm. "Why? Aren't you glad to see me?"
I tensed up as he moved closer to me. "You need to leave." He stood still halfway towards me and studied me. "Now!" I shouted. A wicked laugh escaped from him and I released more tears. I had space to run before but now I was cornered. "Oh sweet beautiful Alexia. I spent so much time trying to find you after I had heard from my parents that you had moved away to study. I couldn't believe my innocent little girlfriend had the balls to run like that." I felt my nose twitch up as my body flared with anger. Without thinking I charged at him and pushed him to the ground. His head hit the couch on his way down and I stood hovering over him. "I was weak and burdened with the thought that the person I thought I loved didn't give a fuck about me. That a person could be so inconsiderate and brutal but I fucking had to grow up and realise that I couldn't trust anyone!" He laid disoriented on the floor looking up at me. "You destroyed me. You took away my sanity. You enforced fear within me. Guess what Connor? I'm not that little naive girl anymore. Idiots like you need to learn that you have no right to you make girls feel depressed and question their worth." I picked up a glass from the counter and threw it next to his face and I fell silent as it shattered and he cringed. The dorm door opened and Blake walked in startled by the sight before him. I probably looked like a crazy lady. Instead his eyes showed panic and worry. "Lex..." but Connor grabbed my leg and yanked me to the ground. My face hit the glass and pain surged throughout my body. Connor was on top of me or had a part of his body pressing me to the ground. I couldn't quite comprehend anything. I heard Blake rush in and pull Connor to his feet. It was accompanied by multiple punching noises. Warmth dribbled from my nose and over my lips. I saw Blake crouch beside me. His lips were moving but I couldn't hear anything...

I couldn't see anything.

*  *  *  *  *

Hello everyone. Thanks so much for reading. I really busy with school but I going to try to be consistent in updating. If you enjoyed please vote, comment and recommend.

Love you all so much for supporting and encouraging me. To get a shout out in my next chapter tell me know your thoughts about what you expect in future chapters and how it might end.

Feel free to privately message me.