nine: love maze

"let us be us. love is a maze damn. but you is amaze yeah.

CHAPTER NINE

hardships will try to deceive us but just focus on me then

hardships will try to deceive us but just focus on me then. in the darkness, just the two of us is enough."

Summer ends and Jungkook feels drained, frustrated.

Why did time go so fast?

He ended up having a great summer with his friends, being able to build up his self esteem and even though he never got to do the things he wanted to do, he still found a summer romance which didn't result in something greater but it was still worth it.

Jungkook didn't go to any parties after telling Elianna how he felt and the reason was mainly because he didn't want to see her. He did but he didn't. He's realised that he's going to have to forget she exists, forget whatever they had, forget the way she tasted, felt ... and he's probably never going to see her again. It makes it easier for him that way. He'd just be reminded of what he can't have with her if he saw her again.

Taehyung tried to persuade Jungkook to come but every time all he got was a straight up no. They hadn't talked about Elianna since the slight warning Taehyung gave, but Taehyung was more than aware of what was going on between them but he didn't ask. Taehyung was ready for his own summer romance.

Although Jungkook wanted to rant and spill his heart out about how he feels, he knows he'll do it one day but not just now. Taehyung will always be here.

So, Taehyung eventually stopped asking every two days about the latest party and instead chose to spend time with his best friend. He stopped going to parties for the sake of Jungkook. Even though Jungkook felt bad, he felt a little joyful that Taehyung chose him over a reckless, boring, party night.

University is starting today for Jungkook and Taehyung. The two of them leave his apartment, backpacks prepared and ready. "I'm ready for another chapter in our lives Jungkookie." Taehyung wraps his arm around his shoulder as they walk to the campus.

They come across the library first which is Taehyung's stop. Just as he's about to leave, Jungkook realises he's still wearing his best friends gold rimmed glasses. "Look here, fancy pants." He puts them on his dark coloured mullet and steps back, clicking his fingers together. "Outfit complete." Jumper, tracksuit bottoms and a pair of Nike trainers. His best friend does an elegant twirl and leaves.

Jungkook on the other hand is dressed in a typical jk outfit, ripped jeans and a striped shirt. His hair is out of his face, quiff like and silver hoops in his each ear.