Chapter 5

"Come on Aleyha, at least today wake up early" I heard Zoha shouting somewhere from the room. I grumbled, not paying much attention to her, I pull the blankets over my head.

"Okay fine! Sleep. Sleep, all you want. When today I will leave this house, then you will regret that you did not listen to me" she sniffed.

"Oh my god woman! I am awake. Happy now? Stop this emotional drama of yours" I groaned, rubbing my eyes. Pushing the covers away, I straightened up.

"Yes, very happy" she squealed.

"Now listen! Freshen up, we will have breakfast together with everyone. Then show me what you are wearing today and I will tell you what makeup to do with it, what jewelry to wear and all the matching and setting" she counted the things and then muttered something.

"What did you say? What did Wali do now?" I frowned.

I swear, I heard her calling Wali a fool!

"And about that dressing up part, it's not my baraat, it's yours. No need to play dress up with me" I added.

I very well know how to get ready!

"I didn't say anything about bhai! And listen, it doesn't matter whose baraat it is. You are bride's best friend and sister, you should look pretty too. I have not said anything in the last two functions, it doesn't mean I will let you go today as well. And we never know, someone might fall head over heels for you at first sight and ask for your hand" she winked at me, tying her hair medium-sized, jet black in a ponytail.

"You are talking as if I was not looking good in last two events!" I gasped, "...and listen we are not living in a fairytale"

"Yes, you were not looking that good. You could have looked much better if you would have let Pareeshay done your make up!"

"Am I supposed to take this as a compliment?" I gaped at her, squinting my eyes at her "And listen it was only mehndi and mayun, no one gets...."

"As whatever you want. Now stop with this blabbering of yours, get ready and come downstairs" she interrupted in between, ordering me and walking towards the bedroom door.

I looked at her retreating figure with my mouth hanging open. Huffing, I got up from the bed and moved towards the bathroom.

______________________

Walking towards the dining room, I saw everyone already seated.

Laughing, joking, teasing and mocking each other we reminisce the good memories we spent together and had our breakfast.

After I showed Zoha the red lehenga with its embroidered top, I was wearing today, she told me...more like ordered me what to wear with it.

more like ordered me what to wear with it

(Aleyha's lehenga. Just imagine, it's all covered)

I agreed because honestly speaking the things she gave me to wear were more beautiful than the ones I had planned to wear.