Chapter 24

I don't know for how long I was standing still, in my place, where Wali left me; my eyes staring into space from where he just disappeared. The mind which had gone numb after hearing about the proposal was now filled with thousands of questions that no one might have answers for.

I came out of my dazed form when I heard someone calling-more like shouting- my name from downstairs.

Zoha? Was she hear? My mind registered her voice. After hearing another shout from downstairs, I was very well sure that it was Zoha. When did she come?

"Aleyhaaa!!! Are you coming down? Upper agaye na tou choron gi nahin!" her another frustrated shout reached my ears.

Wiping away the tear stains, I called out to her that I was coming, no need for her to climb up the stairs. Striding towards the dressing table, I looked at myself in the mirror- my face was all red and especially my nose.

Ughhh! Why does my nose turn this much red after crying?!

Murmuring to myself, I quickly picked up my rosewater and sprayed it all over my face, rubbing it off with some cotton pads. Picking up a bb cream, I quickly splattered a little amount on my face and applied some lip balm on my dry lips. I really don't like these creams but they do come in handy at times like these.

Glancing again in the mirror, I gave myself an approving nod- I at least looked decent now- and strode out of the room proceeding downstairs.

Seeing Zoha standing at the very last stair, waiting for me with her hands folded on her chest and her foot continuously tapping against the floor, my steps halted just beside her-my eyes wandered all over her frowning-mad face. We stood there like that for some seconds and then her face broke into a huge grin.

"I am really mad at you but I am really happy so let it go!"

Just saying this- a very mood-swingy type of dialogue, she attacked me with her hug and I hardly stabled both of us from stumbling back, my feet involuntarily keeping me firm on the ground.

"Careful, Zoha," I exclaimed.

"I am really very happy for you. Trust me, it is the best decision you've taken," she whispered into my ears, her voice quivered at the end as she tightened her hug.

"Nothing has happened yet, Zoha!"

I could feel her shaking her head against my shoulder. Breaking the hug, she looked at me with her tear-filled eyes.

"No, Al. I feel like so much has happened. You agreed to the proposal, it's such a big step. It clearly shows that you are ready to move on. Balkey, you are already moving on. I am so happy for you," she sniffled, rubbing both sides of my arms with her hands.

She really was happy. Her glowing face and her Cheshire smile was telling so. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I felt my eyes getting misty. Only if she got to know the reason why I agreed- all her happiness would be gone. Shaking those thoughts away, I narrowed my eyes at her.

"You are happy?"

She nodded vigorously, showing all her teeth.

Folding my arms, I looked at her with narrowed eyes. "Then, why are you crying?" I questioned, raising my eyebrows at her as I tried to divert my mind and the thoughts running through it.

"Khushi ke ansoon hain yeh pagli, tumhey kya pata!" she grinned at me as she flicks my head, her hand going around my neck. I was about to retaliate but she dragged me towards the living room as I kept glaring the side of her face.