Chapter 6: Full Moon

The leaves crunched beneath my feet as I followed Niklaus and Hayley through the Bayou.  My heart was beating terribly fast and my throat felt tight, like if I tried to speak I would burst into tears.  Tonight was the full moon and to say that I was terrified would be an understatement.  Hayley and Klaus were carrying these huge bags, that looked like they'd be heavy to any human.  I quickened my pace slightly, trying to keep up with them.

Klaus turned to look over his shoulder, making sure that I was still with them.  He must have noticed my nervous demeanor because he offered me a reassuring smile.

"It's quite beautiful out here, the crescent line, Hayley's pack, all live out here.  They're not too annoying." Klaus joked.  I gave him a weak smile, trying to make him believe that what he was doing was working.  He let out a small sigh before he turned around to face me, Hayley stopping to wait for us.

"Don't worry too much alright love?  We're going to get you through this, I promise." I took a deep shaky breath at his reassuring words.  The words weren't exactly helping me though.  I thought back to the other night when I had more horrible nightmare.  It wasn't the words that Klaus spoke that comforted me.  It was the contact that he made with me.  His hug made me feel comfort, like nothing could hurt me while I was in his arms, like he would protect me from anything.  I took a deep breath before wrapping my arms around him in a tight hug.  I waited a couple seconds before I heard a small crash of Klaus dropping his bag and then his arms wrapping around me.

Klaus rocked me back and forth for a couple of seconds, his chin resting on the top of my head.  When we both finally pulled away, I looked up at him. 

"Thank you." I spoke softly, Klaus' grinned before he grabbed his bag and then lead me through the forest, keeping his free hand on my upper back.  

We traveled a little bit farther through the trees before we came to a small cabin.  

"Here we are!"  Hayley said, leading us both into the small cabin.  I looked around, it was kind of dirty and there wasn't that much furniture in the place.  It basically looked like a place to sleep and that was it.  In the center of the cabin was a door that lead downstairs to what I'm guessing was a cellar.  Hayley bent down and opened up the trap door.

I followed Hayley and Klaus down to the cellar and felt my body tense up again.  The cellar had nothing in it on the side closest to the steps and on the other side there was a caged door.  They made their way over to it and Hayley unlocked it with a key.  I took a deep breath and made my way over to the cage.  Klaus held his hand out to me and I grabbed it.  

His hands were rough but strong and made a comfort flow through my body.  Hayley pushed the door open and we made our way inside.  Inside the cage there was stone walls with metal hooks along the walls.  I swallowed my fear walking over to a wall and running my hand along the stones.  I turned around to see Hayley and Klaus pulling things out of their bags they had carried.  Several chains littered the floor and I could tell that this was going to be the longest night of my life.

~~~~~~~

"The moon is going to be at it's peak in the next half hour, we should get her chained up." Hayley said, looking at the time on her phone.  I turned to Klaus in fright and he looked at me with sympathetic eyes.  

"Don't worry love, we'll be here the entire time."  I took a deep breath and nodded.  Hayley started grabbing some of the chains that were already connect to the wall.  She made her way over to me, hooking them on both of my arms before hooking a couple around my ankles as well.  Now I suppose we wait.  The minutes seemed to drag on as I sat there on the floor, Klaus and Hayley sitting with me.