Chapter 14: The Most Powerful Kind of Magic

Play the song up above for all of the extreme feels!

Aspyn's POV

I'll take this chance, so call me blind

I've been waiting all this time

The first dance that you share with someone, is one of the most magical feelings in the world.  My heart was thumping, my palms sweaty, my breathing uneven; as Madison held me close to her.  Her hand rested lightly against the small of my back, a touch that was the most gentle touch that I had ever felt yet it was still electrifying.  Madison's eyes locked with mine, they were filled with joy and comfort and I never wanted to look away.

There comes a great risk with letting people into your life.  People can hurt you, abandon you, break your trust.  I felt a small pain in my heart, don't let this moment end.

"Relax." Madison whispered into my ear, her lips lightly brushing against my skin.  I felt my heart stutter.  I looked into Madison's eyes, shocked for a moment by her observation before quickly remember that she was a vampire, she could sense everything.  She could sense every loud thump of my heart, my ragged breathing, my tense muscles.  I took a deep breath and exhaled.  Taking Madison's advice, I allowed myself to relax.  I refuse to let my thoughts dictate this moment.

Don't let me go, we'll be alright

Touch my soul and hold it tight

I allowed myself to focus in on this moment in my life.  To focus on Madison's touch, the way that she smelt faintly of strawberries, the way her eyes are lit up and reflecting off of the decorative lights around the room, the way that we moved, gliding across the room like we were skating on ice.  

"You're perfect." I let slip past my lips, meaning for it only to be utter in the depths of my mind.  

"I-I mean..." I was cut off by Madison letting out a small giggle before she pulled me in closer to her.

"And you are the most absolutely beautiful person I have ever laid my eyes on." I felt like my heart was racing at a hundred miles a minute at that.  I was struggling with a reply, not used to compliments like this in the slightest.  The awkward pause that I was dreading was cut short though as the song finished and everyone started to clap.  I slowly pulled away from Madison, only for her to grab my hand and entwine our fingers.

"Do you want to go somewhere to talk?" Madison asked me, tilting her head towards me slightly.  I nodded, letting her drag me out of the court yard and down the hall into the compound's residence.  As we made our way towards the end of the hallway Madison seemed to get stuck on where to go.  I made a quick and bold decision, one that was so out of character for me.  I pulled her up the steps and down the upstairs corridor until we reached my bedroom.

"What are you trying to hint at Aspyn?" Madison teased, causing me to let out a small giggle as I lead her to my bed.  I sat down on the edge, pulling Madison lightly down beside me.

"It's quiet up here." I spoked through the silence.

"Won't your family be concerned?" Madison said, a small smirk on her face.  That beautiful smile.  

"Family, I love the sound of that." I replied truthfully.  Madison gave me a small, sorrowful smile.  Her head tilting to the side, I notice that she tends to do that when she has a question that is on her mind.  It was a cute quirk that drew me to her even more.

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but what happened to your family before you came to live with the Mikaelsons?" I knew that I was bound to have to tell this tale to Madison at some point, I just really wish I knew what the outcome of telling her would be.  Would she leave me?  Decide I was too broken beyond repair?  That I just wasn't worth it?  I think that would break me, no, I know that would break me.  I felt a few tears well up in my eyes at the thought, and as if she could sense all of my internal emotions and thoughts, she said just the right words. She always had the right words to say.

"Nothing that has happened to you in your past will ever affect how I see you Aspyn." Madison grabbed my hand, giving it a light squeeze, "I promise, you can tell me anything."

So I did, I told her my tale, a similar tale that I had told my new family.  I didn't sugar coat it, I knew that if I was going to tell Madison, I would tell her everything.  I was hoping that this would be the last time that I would ever have to relive this tale.  It hurt far too much to hear the same words coming off my tongue, a tale of pain, sorrow, loss, abuse, and heartbreak.  At the end of it all, I expected Madison to ditch her promise and run but instead she pulled me into the tightest hug that I have ever experienced in my life.

"You're not broken Aspyn, or disposable.  I saw the way that the Mikaelsons looked at you down there.  You are loved and that's the most powerful kind of magic.  You deserve to feel that love and to be happy." Madison spoke, pulling away from me.  She left a small distance between the two of us, just enough to speak to me with eye contact.  Yet it was close enough so that our noses were lightly brushing each others'.  

"Thank you." I whispered.

Madison stared into my eyes, glancing down at my lips.  My heart was racing at the close proximity.  I wanted this, I wanted to know what true happiness felt like and so I took that chance, and pressed my lips against her's. 

I was made for loving you

Even though we may be hopeless hearts just passing through