Chapter 13: Glass Slippers

Madison's Dress^^^^

Madison's Dress^^^^

A/N: Wow sorry for the month I've been gone!  I've been so busy with work and school you have no idea.  I'm going to try and get as many updates on here as I can this weekend.  I forgot how much I love writing and how it helps me unwind and I want to continue to do that.  Thank you everyone for your support!

Aspyn's POV

I took a deep breath as I stared into the mirror, smoothing out the beautiful, black dress that I was wearing.  

"Thank you for letting me borrow this dress Rebekah." I said, turning around to face her.   "It's not a loan Aspyn, it's yours." I smiled widely making my way over to her and gave her a tight hug.  I whispered a small "thank you" into her ear before we pulled away.  

"Alright, we should probably get downstairs, guests will be her any minute!" Rebekah stated, grabbing onto my hand.  I struggled to keep up with her as she basically drug me down the hall and stairs.  As we got to the bottom of the stairs though I noticed Elijah, Klaus, Hayley, and Freya all at the bottom.  They all turned towards our direction with smiles on their face.  At first, I was sure they were all staring at Rebekah but Klaus made his way over to me, offering me his hand.  

"You look beautiful Aspyn." My cheeks heated up as I took his hand in mine, I wasn't used to people giving me compliments.  There was a small silence before Elijah decided to break it.

"Have you given it anymore thought to our offer?"  He asked, bringing up our discussion on me joining the family this morning.  I chewed on my lip nervously, not sure what to say.  My non-verbal communications must have given away my answer though.

"Let us know at any time, if you decide otherwise." Freya said, giving me a friendly smile.  I returned the smile, glad that they were trying to not make me feel pressured into making my final decision right at that moment.

"I told you we'd be the first ones Kol." I heard a feminine voice say and the clicking of heels beginning to get closer.  I turned towards the noise to see Kol, with a beautiful brunette on his arm.  She had big, doe eyes and curly hair.  She was wearing a black, silky gown and her persona gave off a very powerful vibe.  As they made their way towards us, I could feel a slight tension in the air.

"Well if it isn't the lovely Davina, please do not tell me she is your date." Klaus stated, a snarky tone in his voice.

"And where is your date Klaus?  Oh wait, the only way you'd actually be able to get one is if you compelled someone off the streets." Kol shot back.  I couldn't help but let out a small laugh at their argument.  They were acting like children.

"I'd watch your mouth Kol." Klaus grumbled.  

"I'm Aspyn!" I decided to cut their argument short by introducing myself who I presume was Davina.  Davina's gaze made it's way towards me and she gave me a small smile, holding out her hand for me to shake.