15. I'M HERE

ANNA

ANNA

I wanted to go to my Mom but Seth told me not tot leave his side. He held my hand the whole time. The only times that he let go of my hand were when he was eating or he needed to shake someone's hand.

"Ladies and gentlemen, may we ask everyone to give a warm applause to the bride and groom for their traditional dance. Mr and Mrs Seth Aaron.

I'l take care of you
Don't be sad, don't be blue
I'll never break your heart in two
I'll take care of you
I'll kiss your tears away
I'll end your lonely days
All that I'm really tryin' to say
Is I'll take care of you

I want you to know that I love you so
I'm proud to tell the world you're mine
I said it before, I'll say it once more
You'll be in my heart 'til the end of time

I'll take care of you
Don't be sad, don't be blue
Just count on me your whole life through
'Cause I'll take care of you

Who chose the song? It sounds like it was made for us...for me. I looked at him and he looked down at me. He really is very handsome. He smiled at me. And I really don't know why but a tear fell. His facial expression changed. His was a look of concern. He wiped my tear with his thumb. He held my face between his hands.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes. I'm sorry. "

"Why are you saying sorry?"

"Because...because you had to do these all for me. You don't even know me but you helped me."

"Sssshhh, they might hear you. Don't worry about it. Besides I'm already of age to get married. It's beeter that Inget married now sonthey stop coming tot the house and do everything to trap me."

"But still. And we're also lying about us falling in love."

"Don't worry they'll get over it."

"Thank you Sir..."

"Sir again?"

"Thank you Sethe for all these, thank you for helping  me."

And I  sobbed. I mean I can no longer stop the flow of tears, I put my face on his chest and he hugged me. He tried to stop me but he was unsuccessful. Yeah, I was bawling. I do not know what to do. I tried to stop but all the frustrations and pent up emotions just came out of the surface like a crazy mud flow from an erupting volcano.
He tilted my chin and all I could see is concern on his face. We stopped dancing now and did the noise just died down but the music is still playing or is it just me?  I know everyone there is watching but not one of them dares to say a thing. It's Seth Aaron and nobody dares cross THE Seth Aaron, not even my father. What does it look like now. Does it look like we're fighting? I should smile. At least I should pretend that I am in love with him. It is the least I could do. Besides, he helped me. He took me away from the monster. He looks at me tenderly. I know he understands why I am crying but the guests don't. I smiled at him despite the pain I am feeling right now. I touched his face and smiled. He wiped my tears with his thumbs and he whispered something. I did not understand. And  he dipped his head and kissed me. It happened to fast that I was surprised at first. But his kiss was gentle and how do you call that? I could not explain. All I know was I found my self responding to him. I closed my eyes and then it was over. We looked at each other and he kissed my forehead and drew me to him. He hugged me. I could hear his heart beating so loudly against my ear. I hugged him back. And we continued swaying to a different song that I no llnger recognized.

AUTHOR
Please vote, share and comment. Thank you