20. The Manor

SETH

I have never done this in my life. Run. Especially from my parents. I was never a coward. I fave them. But at this moment, I don't want to be near my mother. She will surely nag me no end. No one knows where we are. They usually think if I disappear, i go to Cebu or to our house in Tagaytay. This time I did not tell anyone where we are. We do have a house in Baguio but I don't want to go there right now. We checked in at the Manor. I wanted a separate room but changed my mind when I reserved a room for us. There was no available room except for a regular room. Iwanted to throw my weight around to acquire a suite or maybe a more high end room that what was offered to us but I didn't. Anna unmindful to my predicament was on her phone trying to explain to a client that her assistant will be the one to meet with her tomorrow as she is accompanying her husband to a personal affair. I guess the client a guy won't let her off the hook so easily. I have done so much arguing for the last 24 hours and I am tired and I only want Anna to stop explaining to that damn client. I bet if we lost him today, it will not matter. I grabbed the phone from Anna and

"If you xan not understand a simple apology from people, I wonder what are you doing in business. If you insist on my wife attending to you first before she attends to me, I do not xare if you ever do business with us again. Good day."

And I turned the phone OFF. I gave back to Anna her phone as she looks at me surprised. I smiled at her and at the lady and gentleman at the reception who were as shock as my wife . They too heard my conversation with the client. Then their supervisor approached us,

"Mr Aaron, good morning, what a surprise to see you here."

"My wife wants to stay in your hotel. I would have wanted the syite but I was told you are packed and luckkly I was given a room to accommodate us."

She looked at the people at the desk and they exchanged meaningful looks. I motioned for the bellboy to proceed before us and show us where our room is. I am too tired and all I want is sleep. Anna who drove from La Union to here looked beat and she seemed to have only reat in mind.

"Me Aaron, I'm sure we could arrange for you to be transferred to another room."

"Okay but olease don't do it now. Make it tonorrow. My wife and I just wanted to rest and I wouldn't want us to be disturbed today or until I said so."

"Okay Mr. Aaron. Our apologies Sir."

I turned my back at her and took Anna's hand and pulled her along with me as we follow the bellboy to our room.

The room is as expected tiny for my taste. Our stuff have occupied most of it's space and Anna upon seeing the tiny bed was red and looked around for chairs or couch that she could probably sleep on. Seeing non except for the small chair, she looked at me. I waited until I handed the bellboy his tip and went out.

"They only have this room. And we have slept on the same bed before when our families booked reservations for us."

"But the bed is ..."

"Tiny, I know. But it will accommodate us. Don't worry there's enough room for the two of us. We don't even need to touch. I'm taking a shower and I want to sleep."

I left her without letting her say another word. Secretly, I wanted this room, I wanted the bed, I wanred Anna with me in it. Oh damn! This thoughts need a very very cold shower.

ANNA

How on Earth are we going to fit in the bed without having to touch each other? It's so tiny that if we wanted to be able to get some sleep, we have to be pressed to each other like... cuddle?

Although I am married to one of the richest man in the world, he also happenes to be the sexiest and most handsome man of the year. How on earth will I be able to keep still?

Okay I am a virgin but I also happen to have a crush on my husband. I mean, I know it's not a true marriage but damn, how on earth will I be able to sleep beside him? Oh well, accept it Anna, you are no match to the women he bedded so keep calm, he won't touch you. I bet he would even turn his back on you.

"Your turn."

"Huh?"

"The shower is all yours. Are you going to take a shower or not?"

"I will."

And I rushed in the bathroom. I saw him smiled when I tried to rush past him. Damn! I need to have a long shower. I have to smell good if I need to sleep beside him. What are you talking about Anna Ortega? Ooopppss, it's Anna Aaron.

Author: please vote and comment. Thank you.