CHAP. 11: MANIAX

We all finally decided what our plan was going to be. And boy did it sound fun! It involved kidnapping! I loved kidnapping! This was so exciting! I kept giggling nonstop at the idea of this plan. The plan actually had come from Jerome at first, then I expanded the idea a bit. He suggested we kidnap people in front of a news building and announce our Maniax title. I suggested throwing them off the building from the news building. And painting the Maniax name on their clothes. 

  We decided on going in our Arkham outfits of a sense of twisted humor. At first for some reason, Theo didn't want me to go with the "guys" but after a lot of arguing from my side and Jerome's, Theo let me go. Jerome celebrated by picking me up and swinging me around. I wasn't really minding anymore when Jerome picked me up. I just laughed with him and enjoyed his touch. I think I was enjoying being around him a little more than I was supposed to. He was just so fun you know? He and I both shared similar back stories as well as attitudes. He ended up grabbing me by the waist a lot which I loved and he seemed to knew I loved it so he just kept doing it. It was a kind of cycle of sorts. 

  Today was the day for the plan to be let out to Gotham. I would lead the victims towards the others and they would knock them out. Or I would knock them out. Simple as that. Once we got the right amount of people we would write one letter of our name on each person we captured and throw them off the building. If they hit people down below while falling...oh well. 

  We traveled there by Tabitha and her men who drove a white truck. I thought about my lines. I was supposed to "seduce" the victims which led them to us. But I was in my prison dress and I didn't know if any of them would buy it. Maybe I could pull a "I'm in trouble" gag. Jerome, who was sitting next to me, noticed my uneasiness. 

  "Your gonna be great. Stop picking your nails." He whispers and I look down to see I had almost ripped off my pointer finger nail off. I give a small smile. 

  The truck stops and Tabitha opens the door for us all to go out. Barbara stayed at Theo's place while we did the work. I thought she of all people would enjoy this so I was a bit surprised she didn't want to come with us. I hopped out of the truck and as everyone started to run around the back, Tabitha pulled me by the arm and went behind the truck with me. 

  "Hey!" I shout at her. She makes a face of anger at me. I make one right back. 

  "If you mess this up..." She growls. I narrow my eyes at her. I look down to see her hand wrapped around my wrist and nails dug into my arm. I look back up at her, the feeling of anger bubbling up in my gut. I put that evil look in my eye.

  "You'll kill me?" I hiss. "Because people have found out that is easier said than done." I rip my arm out of her grasp and push her away, walking towards the building with a little more confidence then I did before. I notice Tabitha had left a sort of mark on my arm and little blood spots were she had dug her nails into my skin. I could use that. I smile and walk into the building. I then changed my expression completely when I walk through the halls. I look around, choosing my victims with focus. 

  I see one man in a suit, a phone in his hand as well as a brief case. He had low cut black hair and a very "I have a place to be" face on. I smirk.

  "Wonderful." I whisper. I follow him then take a short cut, going around a corner. I count to three before running out and clutching my arm. I make sure not too many people were around and I see it's pretty much empty in here expect for the man I followed. I force myself to cry and he stops. I pretend to just now notice him and I run up to him. 

  "Please help me!" I plead. He drops his suitcase and looks at me with wide eyes. I move my hand to show the blood I had smudged up my arm. "I was just attacked. Please. I need help. Call 911!" He starts to fumble with his suit and brings out a phone. I was close enough. That is when I jump forward and take out a small hammer from inside my dress and hit him over the head. He drops the phone and I drop the act. I yawn then put my hammer back in this belt under my dress and I pick his limb body up into an elevator. One man was in it and his eyes widen. I hold back an eye roll. I put on my somber face once more.