CHAP.30: Jail Time

"Yesterday, at The Gotham Police Department, a horrific break in was made by escapi Grace Sky. She and others dressed in bright clothes and seemingly cult like signs, barged and broke in, taking many officer's hostage. They held them there for four hours until they finally left. 

  "They then, before fully getting away, set a bomb off in the station, causing severe harm to the building and many repairs must be made that may never be fully fixed. We do not yet know why they did this horrible crime, but we can only assume it was not for good reasons. Oh, here is detective Jim Gordon coming out now that arrived at the scene after the event took hold. 

  "Detective Gordon! Detective Gordon! Can you please tell us what happened when you came back to your job to find everyone hostage and your building blown to shreds by the two time escaped prisoner Grace Sky?" 

  "No comment." Jimbo said, turning away from the microphone and camera's pointed his way. I smiled at the screen and then finally turned it off as the women talking about my break in at the police department came back on. I sighed and twisted in my chair, looking to Mark. 

  "I can't believe even after we were there for four hours nobody got a shot of us at the station!" I yell, throwing my hands up in the air. Mark nods, running a hand threw his brown hair with a smile. 

  "I know." He says. 

  I was in a blue tank top with a black mini skirt and black and white stripped leggings. I wore normal converse and put my hair into a high bun on top of my head. I basically had no makeup on, just some powder and mascara.

   I sigh at Mark's comment, tapping my chin for a moment. "What's wrong?"

  "It's just that...I feel little bit selfish. Keeping this bit of information from my sister." I explain. He smiles.

  "What do you have planned?" He asks. I stand from my seat and start to pace around. 

  "Well...I don't know if it's very full proof but when have I ever been careful?" I say then turn away from him, looking at my wall. I then smile. 

  "I...am going to be caught by Jim Gordon." I say and turn back to Mark. He looks dumbly at me. 

  "Come again?" 

                              |TIME SKIP|

  I have been thinking about taking my own life for quite some time. I had tried it at least ten times in Arkham. The only time I came close to it is when I slit my throat which obviously didn't work. The most recent time was about a week ago when I got a bottle of asprin and took half of it in one swig. 

  But, my stomach didn't like that and before I could fall asleep, it lurched it for me. I haven't tried since but the thought was on my mind all the time. I had nightmares every time I fell asleep now. I had headaches so fierce I could barley function without almost falling over. And the voices got worse all the time.

  Yes, I had voices. Four of them to be exact. My father, my mother, and brother's voices. They kept yelling at me I failed. I failed to save Jerome and I should just give up now. What else would I accomplish without him? Nothing. I would never accomplish anything again. Nothing that really mattered to me. 

  The cult didn't matter. Jim Gordon didn't matter. The breaking out of Arkham didn't even really matter to me. But I found something. Something that sparked just enough of something in me for me to pay attention. My family. I found out who they were. My sister. Selina.

  I had a plan. A very neat plan that I was sure would work. A glimmer of what seemed like hope seemed to come back to me. Just the tiniest bit. And that was enough. It was more than enough for me.