CHAP.54: Escaping The Hellhole

One Month Later

  It was tonight. It was tonight. It was tonight. IT WAS TONIGHT!!!! After sooooo long of waiting. The plan was finally complete. After being in this place for another year Jerome and I finally had all the details to get out of this hellhole. I was beyond happy and beyond a point of return. I was ecstatic. 

  I couldn't wait to get out those doors and breathe in that Gotham scent once more. The stink in this place seemed to really stick to my senses. I needed to flush it out. I really hoped I never came back here. That would really suck to do all this work and then get sent back here in the end. I will try my hardest to refrain getting put back here again.

  Besides the whole escaping, there was another thing. Jerome grew out his hair again. The sides of his head had hair again and instead of combing the top of his head, made it a little messy on top. It looked good. But then again, anything and everything looked good on Jerome. I still had my frizzy curls. It was kind of my signature look and I was fine with it. 

  Right now, I was in my room, looking over my room. I didn't really have anything to bring with me. Actually, I didn't have anything to bring with me. Well, except one thing. Jerome's present. Th dagger he had gotten me for my birthday. I had that tucked underneath my dress so I wouldn't forget or lose it. I didn't own anything else though. No bracelets, no books, no clothes, not even a hair tie. My prison uniform was the Asylum's. My bed sheets. Even the crayons I used to color my room with. They belonged to the Asylum. I could steal it of course but did I really need crayons? Having nothing when leaving was easier.

  As I glanced around my room, I realize just how much I had done at this place. It really all started here. My adventure. I met Jerome here. And it had been an amazing ride ever since. But even with that in mind, I was still sooooooooooo happy to be leaving. I looked to the clock on my right. 

   7:00 at night. We were scheduled to leave at 9:00, when all the guards were at their most laziest. We were going to let the inmates loose. Giving the break out a lot more flare. The more dangerous inmates were the first on the list to be freed. More dangerous the more havoc they would cause. Although, they were all still pretty stupid in the first place. OH GOD I COULDN'T WAIT! 

  "Two hours. Only two hours." I mutter to myself, smiling with a nod.

  I was so excited I felt like I could punch a whole through the wall with the amount of adrenaline rushing through my veins. I could run around forever and never stop. GOD JUST TWO HOURS! I laughed to myself and jumped up and down silently. I couldn't really attract to much attention from the guards so I tried to stay quiet. I was going to sneak out to meet Jerome who was in the back of the Asylum in intensive security. He killed two guards out of fun and I guess the other guards didn't like that very much. Assholes.

  In fact...I was supposed to be meeting him now. 

  I kind of twitched when I looked at the clock again and smirked to myself. I cracked my knuckles and neck and went towards the door. I nod to myself and then opened it slowly and silently. I peer into the dark hallway. I didn't see any guards. I opened the door more and slipped out, making sure to close the door behind me as quietly as possible. It did creak a bit and I froze, looking around before seeing no one was around. 

  Beginning to walk down the hallway, I go under the camera's to not be noticed. Normally I wouldn't care but tonight was the night and I felt like being sneaky. I poke my head around a corner to check before walking once more. At one point I saw a guard and snapped behind the wall, pressing my body up against it. I held my breath, as I waited for him to move down the hall. 

  Eventually, the guard passed me, not seeing me in the shadows. I smiled to myself then slipped around the corner, speed walking to make my way to the back of Arkham. I was skilled at not being caught, it coming naturally to me. Hiding was just a little quirk of mine. Also a hobby. That is why I was so good at hide and seek. Except for with Jerome because he was also a master at it.