CHAP.51: That's A Spoon

"Well that plan was a bust." I say to Jerome as I attempt to tie a bed sheet to the top of Jerome's ceiling. I tried to hang several to the roof to try to hang from but every time I failed. 

  Jerome had his thinking face on, his brow knit and his lips in a thin line. He breathes out exaggeratedly, taking his hand from under his chin to throw them in the air. I continue to try and knot the bed sheet around a metal rod hanging horizontally from the roof. 

  "I just don't understand why Pengy wouldn't just...leap!" He says with a slight chuckle. I blow a piece of hair from my face, shaking my head a bit as I look up. 

  "Don't blame yourself. Pengy seems dull." I tell him, finally tying one bed sheet and going for another. I hear him sigh again and I smirk.

  "Maybe your right Grey. I guess I could be wrong about Pengy...buuuuuut..." He says, singing-trailing off. I turn to him, raising a brow. 

  "But what?" I ask. He grins wide and puts his hands out for extra flare. I turn fully around, knowing how we was with things like this. I smile a bit, tucking a curly brown lock behind my ear. I make a gesture for him to continue, crossing my arms. He nods. 

  "Imagine this." He says, dramatically. Jerome clears his throat, shifting in his place. "What if I gave Pengy another chance. A sudden...death round?" I tilt my head, my mouth going into an "o" shape at the thought. I look up, thinking about it. I look back to him. 

  "Elaborate." I say. He chuckle-growls. 

  "Here's the plan I got...

  After Jerome explained his plan to me it didn't sound too bad. I just didn't like one little tiny itsy bitsy detail. 

  "Um no I don't want him to beat you up!" I exclaim to Jerome loudly. He sags down his shoulders and rolls his head in one long motion. 

  "Greeyyyyy." He groans. I shake my head.

  "I do not want that long nosed limp freak to hit you. Why would you want that?" I say, trying to understand why he would want that in the first place. I did get it somewhat. Because we thought wayyyyyy to alike but I still didn't like the idea of someone hurting my guy. Even if we both enjoyed pain.

  "It's not the main plan. It's just the back up, Grey. If Limpy gets the sudden confidence he needs." He tells me, making a face. I make a face right back, not wavering in the slightest. I cross my arms tighter if possible, jetting out a hip and leaning on my right leg. 

  "No." I say simply. It was not an option for me. I wouldn't let him. That was that. He breathed out, shaking his head a bit. He put his hands to the side, looking as if he was thinking of a way to change my mind. He looked me in the eye. 

  "Grey..." He began. 

  "Nope." I say again. He groans. I stomp my foot. "I said no! I am not letting you get hurt." 

  Jerome, instead of trying to flat out argue with me, instead breathes out again and studies me. He then walks up to me, taking my hands out from there crossed position and into his own gloved hands. He smiles at me while I mad pout at him. 

  "Ya gotta understand...it will show an example. It will all together set Pengy free from the lock in his mind. Free him. Like us! Just like we've been trying to do this enttiiireeee time. Yeah. I will get hurt. Yeah. I'm gonna bleed. But it will be for a reason that will help us in the end. We need him on our side for when we get out of this place. The plan all together." He explains in different high and low tones, telling me straight forward and not talking to me slowly as like a toddler. He leans his head towards me, looking me in the eye.