Bye Daddy

Klaus POV

Well that went well. I watched as Dawn waltzed out of the room and escape to her room probably. I was lost in thought when Hope's words  pulled me from what I was thinking about"She does like you" Davina nodded but still seemed confused. "And you thought she wasn't your daughter Nik. I swear she is just a little version of the horrible you. The one that put the Petrova doppleganger in her misery when you took Stefan away with you on your little trip to make hybrids." Rebekah teased me. I slowly swallowed my drink and looked up at Rebekah  and growled at her. She just continued to smile and talk. I knew she was right. I haven't treated Dawn like a father was suppose to. The only reason that i now knew she was my real daughter was because I found a piece of her hair on her pillow when I was in her room one day. I wasn't even sure what brought me there in the first place. I asked Davina to check if she was my own flesh and blood and when Davina did she told me that my blood ran through Dawn. From that day I wanted to call Dawn and say sorry but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Even now trying to communicate with her is challenging. She always shuts me down every time I try to talk to her. So I decided to watch from afar but that has been rather difficult considering that she is mainly in her room all the time and locks the door. I wonder sometimes what she does in there. "Nik! Nik! Are you even listening" Rebekah yelled at me. "Yes I am" I lied through a growl. "Hope asked if you guys could go painting." I stood up and said"Come along love." 

I watched as Hope smiled as we both painted. It's such a pity that I couldn't have an easy relationship with Dawn and according to Marcel I had to leave in an hour in order to keep Hope safe.

Hour later

I looked down at Hope who was crying her head of as she hugged me. When I let go she turned and clung to Hayley I said goodbye to everyone giving them hugs and such when I noticed a shadow in the doorway. Dawn. She looked at me for a while before she walked down the stairs and towards me. Dawn stopped a foot away from me and stretched out her hand. I took her small hand and shook it then she nodded and went back into the house. I didn't know how long it would be till I saw my daughters again but I hope that they'll still be here when or if I get free from Marcel. After taking one look at my family I was about to hop in the car when I saw Dawn standing at her window. But she quickly backed away and I continued to pull myself into the car. I fired up the car and drove of down the drive way silently letting tears run down my face.