chap no 16: I have to.

Alina's pov:

I opened my locker, a green color make rushing in my view. I shut close my eyes at the impact of jelly and sticky material on my face. It fall on my hijab, shirt, staining everything.

Laughter filled in corridor. I can hear the clicking sound of taking pictures. I opened my eyes but tear blurred my vision. The first person came in my view was...

Damon.

He laughed and bend down in the process and his friends were pointing at me and laughing. Tears stinging like needles but I refused to cry,

Not in front of them.

You have seen worst.

"Oh my god. Alina!" Fatima rushed to aid me, turning me toward her. She opened her mouth and then closed it. I can glimpsed hurt in her brown orbs.

"Lets go from her." Caroline glared at everyone, grabbed my wrist and we made our way to the gym's restroom.

In our way everyone's gaze was on me. They were laughing on my face. And gossiping about me. I don't even want to hear it. It's just gonna hurt more. Much more.

At that instant my heart ached and I had an unusual feeling of unease in my stomach. I wouldn't bare it anymore, I darted to the nearest washroom.

"Here, go take a shower. We will be here." Caroline handed me my clothes. I went in, took a shower. I came back, saw Caroline and Fatima waiting for me. They both had frown on their face.

Fatima rushed outward me and hugged me. I hugged her back it have been along time since someone hugged me, so at the impact of her embrace, I felt loved. My heart fluttered with emotions, I couldn't control my tears anymore and let them fall.

"That okay.. everything will be okay." She rubbed my back. I sniffed and shook my head. That was never gonna happen, nothing will be okay. I felt so humiliated.

"Shh... you are stronger than that. Okay. You are strong." She pulled away, cupped my face, nodded to convince me.

"No, I am broken." I mumbled and shook my head. She sighed.

"Alina... you can't say things like that, you aren't going to give without putting up a fight." Caroline said, encouraging me.

"I don't know..." I grumbled, I was fighting for such a long time, every day was a struggle. This was not the first time I thought about 'just giving up.'

"I think I have something!" She squeezed, her face light up, shoved her hand in her pocket, searching for something.

I wiped my tears with the back of my hand. Caroline peeked, to see what was Fatima searching from her pocket.

Fatima darted her fist out of her pocket and brought it close to my face and opened her fist slowly, finger by finger. There was nothing in her hand, nothing.

"You said I have something." Caroline glared at Fatima.

"I have an idea!" Fatima paused for the dramatic effect, "which would cheer you up." She finished.

I let out a chuckle under my breath. Caroline huffed.

"Okay. I heard a hadithus. Want me to let you." She asked. I nodded in respond.

"Our beloved prophet Muhammad P.B.U.H. said,
"Your body has a right over you" -
Sahih Bukhari (Vol. 7, Book 62, Hadith 127).

you have to fight to protect yourself for the sake of Allah. Don't let them get you hurt--both physically and emotionally. Are you understanding what I am trying to say?" Fatima said.