36: Mistake number One

Alina felt mind numbing pain on her wrist, tight ropes blocking flow of blood, needles pinched her fingertips, streaming from tips to plam, she groaned, her throat thumped, as if sanked in dry sand.

She stretched her eyelids, grey walls dusted under gloden light welcomed her. She wouldn't search anything in her memory. She Felt blank curtains falling in her surrounding.

Ya Allah.

But even in her subconscious state, she knew that she was a muslim. She blinked once, then again, cold breeze's blanket entangled her.

She couldn't feel her limbs, seem like her sensory nerves went to a slumber. Except the cruel sensation of blood drying off her veins, similar paralysing ach flow in her arm.

She dragged her eyes open, tender breath slipping pass her pale lips. She tried to move her legs, a step forward, untill the pull stopped her. She was assuming right, the rope were hung up to the ceiling, giving a swing to her moment.

Her mind swirled with the possibilities of the person responsible for her condition. 

Was Elijah back,

but he wouldn't get anything this way. She had copied all the files, secured her plans.

The rope wriggled as she shook her hand, the pain was a raw experience to her nerves.

The door wailed as someone opened it, Alina only heard firm footsteps stalking her, untill it make to an end, silence engulfed the room. Alina's eyes fought against her, refusing to open.

"Loving the moment aren't you?" It took exact three second for her ears to register the sound.

Half opened blue eyes, warily glancing at the masculine figure in front of her. She could see her shoes dangling. The lack of energy hunched her form. She fell into and out of unconsciousness. 

"Damien?" Her voice was as dry as dusted desert. She blinked, her mind forcing her tongue to dart out and create moisture coat on her lips but her muscle didn't worked.

"Whom else did you expect?" His shoes began to roam the floor, resonaning a brisked sound.

"Why..."

Her mind itself, couldn't form a sentence, she didn't know why she felt this way. She remembered that she was talking with sarah and then working in the auditorium hall. But she couldn't recall a thing after that.

"I can, so... why not." Maybe he shrugged, Alina couldn't see. "Ah... it have been ages since I saw you this way." He twitched his words, like a happy song with smiles and grins. "Hopeless but furious. Where is your fury now."

"I don't..." she breathed, her lungs shrinking and fluffing. "...understand..." she saw the brim of her scarf swinging.

"Cut the act, is not like you are in this way for the first time." He tilted his face, hunching to meet her line of vision.

Alina saw his lips drawing into a real loving smile, it was a smile that every hunter have, for the celebration of their hunt.

Pride waved the grass of his eyes.

"Who... do you... " Her hushed voice trembled, life passing by her fingers as her heart dimmed the beats of life. Her upper part was paralysed probably blue from cold.

Water

Her mind processed the need of water in her body, but her tissues spelled it "...Roza..." her shivering voice tried to convince herself that she was on fast. She fell limp.