37: After love

The change in Aleena was irrefutable, people from afar was able to sense it.

They in their own slang language whispered about her, but her tenacious heart refused to feel a thing.

"Aleena, Aleena!" Aleena failed to understand what the person in front of her was trying to say.

"Yes." She slowly gained her basics.

"Aleena!" Perhaps Caroline understood her absent mindedness, she jerked her shoulder back and forth. She shook like lifeless leave fallen from dried tree "Aleena, are you here?"

"Caroline" She inhaled the cold air of winter, she looked around, taking in the hassled environment of college. The rushed corridors, deafening riots, posters on the floor, stomped over, again and again. "What happened yesterday. "

Caroline shook her head, "You don't need to know it." She in a hast manner grabbed Aleena's hand. "Let's skip college today." Huge smile painted on her lips was fake. "I don't feel like having class today and we haven't gone to that mall -- "

"I can handle it." Aleena patted her hand, "I have done this before." Aleena's eyes darted  to the group of people, gathered behind the back door. People shouting, falling on each other, protesting, fisted hands pumping in air.

"Please" Her cascade fell, displaying her concern, "I don't want you to go there. Not today."

Aleena's heart struggled to break the bondage of ribcage, "I want to go, please let me see how... how he breaks me."

She doesn't know what Damien had for her in store but she wanted to absorb every string of pain given. His way of playing game was memorising, and Aleena was curious; oh so curious that she could see her heart burn up in flames.

"Aleena, don't... Please..." Caroline whined, her high pitched voice dragged along the breeze.

"I will be fine." She never noticed when he made her a melancholic. When she enjoyed the pool of tears gathering in her eyes.

"You are strong. He can't do anything" But he already had.

°•°•°•°

Aleena never expected things to go this wild, the sound of womanly wails echoed the room as she stepped in. The room they - her team used to work.

Veneera sat on the floor, Mason crouched beside her, passing her tissue, which were being bounced off the wall. Her should shook with her wails, she sensed Aleena's presence.

Veneera's fuzzy eyes met her, red anger flashed, as she frantically, threw the tissues, offered by Mason across the room.

"Why is she here now!" Veneera shouted, fisting her hands on the floor, Mason's hand hesitantly reached her shoulder, but Veneera without any stutter in her movement slapped it off.

"Veneera let it go." Sarah didn't raised her eyes, as she grumbled to Veneera, legs mindlessly dangling down the table.

"Tell her to leave, Now!" Veneera shrieked, pushing Mason, who quietly  beard every harsh slap and punch, not even a word of distaste escaping his lips.

Aleena swallowed the thick lump forming in her throat. "I didn't--"

Veneera with a loud war cry launched forward, cat like claws ready to stretch the life out of Aleena. Gasps echoed in room when Mason tackled her down.

"Ya Allah." Aleena stepped back, hand flowing to her mouth to stop sudden cry of shock.

"Veneera doing her harm, will not undo anything." Sahar scolded her, her eyes still not finding Aleena's.