42: Ignition

"I can't hear you" Alina pushed the mechanical device harder against her ear. She dragged her feet against the stubborn snow lazily piled up on the side way of the road.

"I am saying----- w-- we ---- you tracked!" The voice on the other side yelled, but was slurry.

"It's the bad network, can you hear me?" The cold wind rudely swirled pass her, perhaps warning Alina from the upcoming storm, but the wind know that Alina was to unleash the greatest strom herself.

"---you ---- files---- " broken words reached her ears.

"What?"

The people around her were huffing and cursing at the bad weather, hastily finding shelter, heading back to their houses.

Alina if not immersed in such a situation, would have rushed to one of the shops with glass doors, cozy scenario, to sop up some warmth, wait for the dreadful storm to pass.

But she couldn't specially when the strom was coming for her

"Hey!" the feminist voice  cheered from the other side "I hear you, can you too!"

"Yes, Noor I can hear you, please stop yelling" if Alina wasn't wearing a hijab, she would throw her ear post cross the road.

"Oh.. ok... you ready for this" Alina couldn't deal with this anymore, she didn't want anyone's pity.

"Yes Noor, stop worrying, we have talked before." Alina's words did had a taste of obnoxious in them, but she didn't cared, not any more.

"Yes we have, but," Noor sounded a little tensed easily catching Alina's offending words. But Noor being the closest friend of Alina's mom couldn't just give up. "Wait --" She said

"Why?" Alina halted bluntly, she knew something was to go wrong this day, panic ripped her insides, as she waited for an reply.

"Let me repeat it, hn?" Alina's eyes narrowed suspiciously, after she processed her words, she answered,

"No" Her repulsive words did nothing to hold back Noor.

"Only precaution" there was an underlying whine in her tone, and Alina immediately deflated.

"Okay"

Noor was the head of the team which helped Alina's parents, to collect evidence against Elijah, after her family's death, it was natural to them to contact Alina.

"Never remove your air pots. There shouldn't be a spot of physical violence." Alina cringed at the words,

she wasn't a kid, she wanted to retort, she was done being good, perhaps her entire life was an act, if she was such a monk, she would have never hurt Damien.

"I know how to fight" Alina sounded like a brat "but I can't say the same for the boy." Of course Damien had his own plans, and they wouldn't change for his wife.

"Didn't you explained him the--"

"He has his own plans, he doesn't listens to me." She complained, but Alina hadn't siad him a word about her plans, she knew he would disagree.

"Okay leave him, you stick to your"

"Yes, yes, I know Noor" Alina emphasised.

Alina pulled up her black hoodie, as she crossed the double doors,  skillfully mingling up with the drunk crowd. She cringed at abhorrent smell waving off the place. Women, Men with leather, tight outfits, tattoos covered skin didn't noticed her.

She, in her loose outfit, did appeared like a man.

"You distract him, wait for the police, he would be rattled up by the moment,  and then he would definitely pull his stunt on police."

"There is a big 'if' in it." She hushed back, her feet carried her through the long corridors,  one of these twited turn lead her to her destination.

She had to take a long way, if want to get Elijah before Damien.

"No there isn't, everything is planned, and this was planned years before, you know that" She almost forgot about Noor.

"What if he stayed calm, what if he shoot me, what if the police changed their mind on the last moment, refusing to deal with a billionaire, what if his layers manipulate the case in total different." Alina mumbled,  warily eyeing a couple, who passed by, laughing like lunatic people.

"Alina, stop it,"

"There are endless possibilities. He won't easily go down."

Alina always knew that thus ahe had her own plans.

Alina twisted the knob of a specific door, which she had used many times. It lead to an street which connect to Elijah's territory.

"If we think that way then there could be a earthquake, or an attack by foreigners, or or a star hitting our earth. Or"

The wall had many cracks for Alina to climb it, with a soft bang she landed on the other side.

"My father had it all planned out, but what happened to him," Alina couldn't help the raw words which slipped off her tongue.

There were such moments in Alina's life when she wondered, how would her life be if she was a normal teenage, her childhood could have never been assaulted, she would still have her family, no one would have touched her sister 

Her Hannah.

"Alina"

She couldn't bring herself to shed a tear, she wasn't alive anymore,

The Alina, Allah had given to her mother, was long gone with her.

"He and his family was killed brutally."

"Are you afraid of death?"

She wanted to laugh, if only she was afraid. But maybe a part of her heart was afraid for Damien.

"I am afraid of my death before Elijah's, I can't leave this incomplete, the law, judge, victims, witnesses,  I don't trust anyone."

"What is on your mind then." Pure curiosity hinged her words,

This time she laughed, a laugh which twisted one's brain, a maddening laugh which slides chills down one's spine, a laugh, she thought she wasn't capable of.

"I won't kill him," It was a promise, a promise she did fullfill,

"not even if I have a chance." And she did come across several chances, but she let them slip. 

"but I will not stop anyone from doing it." And she did,

She swiftly, without regret threw herself in the igniting fire, just for it to enhance, raging to reach Damien's heart, and to get nested in there, enough for him to burn the world, which murdered his love.

His Blue.

°•°•°•°•°•°

I guess we are close to an end. Or not, who knows.

Allah Hafiz

-V.A