38: On fire

Damien's pov:-

Burning flame waved off the wooden house, warming the breeze of winter night. But it didn't warmed Damien's cold heart, instead the flame clawed lines on it.

He inhaled the pungent smell of burned wood, waiting for her. He, from past one hour, has been imaging how she could wail and cry on seeing her wretched cabinet, dying a slow death. How she could shudder apologetically, begging him for forgiveness, atoning on her betrayal. And how he could engulf her in an everlasting embrace and calling her loved words.

He heard scrambling noise of feet being dragged against fallen snow.  turning around, as he expected, she was standing, stunned at what the sight behold for her.

Damien with no stutter in his movement stalked closer to her, yet her oceanic eyes were frozen on the raging fire radiating out in waves from remaining wood.

His heart leaped forward, bouncing on his ribcage with every beat,

Is she ignoring me?  The vulnerable voice, - perhaps his heart speaks - asked him.

No He assured himself,

"Mavi..." some part of him, hated this word, wanting to throw her in burning room, watch her peach skin being gradually eaten by fire. Maybe It could be  best penance of sins she had performed. 

She unaware of his presence, flinched at the sound, forcing her eyes on him.

"Did you... started the fire?" Her blue eyes twinkling under bright yellow smoke.

"No." He searched the trust for him, and when he found it glistening in her eyes, he crushed it. "You did."

"Why?" Warm balls of salted water rolled off her crimson cheeks.

Could you love me if I brun the whole city into ash. He didn't allow any slip of his tongue, those obsessed words were intoxicating for sanity

"Shouldn't I be asking you 'Why'?" the wind carried offsprings of fire, dancing and flickering with temporary life. "Why you left me?,"

Broke me, leaving me shattered on my own when I needed you the most. He once again captured his words in cage of mind, he still had pieces of dignity left.

"Because you deserved it!" Iron melting anger glistened in her eyes, face pulled down into a scowl. Raising her accusative finger, she blindly blamed him. "You, you selfish!" She shook with her own rage. "You deserve your pain..."

Damien felt like he have gone back on times, the day, when the young him stood before his love, with his heart whimpering in his hand like a newborn, given away for sacrifice. Only for her to crush it with her words.

His soul shivered, it never took rejection well.

Didn't you remember the bread I used to bring for you.

His chest rumbled with a warning growl. 

"Shut up!" He growled, gritting his teeth to block the insane words.

That so mine, so was my heart but I gave it to you.

"Stop it!" Tiny flickers of fire swirled around them, mixed with his own heat, waving off in layers.

"Stop? Stop what? What have I ever done wrong to you?" Darting words out of tongue, her anger blinding her, erasing all filters she had.

"Have I looted you of your possessions,  stabbed you? Have I accused your believe, humiliated you, how have I wronged you?"

The fire engulfed wretched room, eating it's own existence, dark cloudy ash blow away any sign of golden fallers.

"You haven't loved me" he hopped for the merciless wind to carry his whispers away, disperse them in the horizon of board river.

"Is it my sin not to love a human after death of my family?"

He let silence shade them, embracing the short lived, wordless night, untill she spoke.

"Will you leave me if I love you?"

Damien's gaze wavered, falling on the grey ground, and in a moment he felt stabbed, accused, looted, and humiliated. "No." He answered.

"What would it take for you to leave me alone?"

Her words inhuman, his soul yet out of innocence.

"Your death" and mine.

She gasped out of tried sigh, a change in the gint of her eyes. "I have a condition"

"Condition for what"

"For loving you." His breath did a dramatic hitch, forcing rushed air in.

Anything

"I don't need your pity let it be with force."

She ignored him, like always.

"Adore what I love, loathe what I hate."

"What is that you love?" He couldn't control more, letting eager words slip out.

"Allah" Her smile curling lips, a smile which behold mysterious secrets within embroidered her face.

°•°•°•°•°

Assalamu alikum!

The chap I wrote before got somehow deleted, so this is what I manged to rewrite.

IDK.

ALLAH HAFIZ.

-V.A