⇝ ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ ⇜

Reina jumped up from the sofa and rushed to the door. Nicole did the same at a slightly slower rate, gravitating to Waverly. She noticed her arm was bandaged.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Her hand ghosted over Waverly's upper arm, wanting to hold her but not sure if it was okay to, given the injury.

"Wynonna's baby daddy wasn't very friendly, but yes I'll be fine." Waverly smiled up at her girlfriend. She felt her hesitate so she stepped forward instead, wrapping her arms around Nicole's waist and resting her head against her collarbone. Nicole pulled her in closer with one arm across her lower back and the other around the shoulder opposite of the wound.

"Stop being dramatic you've been apart for like an hour," Wynonna commented grumpily on her way past them to the fridge. She'd done enough today on an empty stomach.

Reina trailed behind her after checking on Waverly. She settled down in a chair at the kitchen table while Wynonna made herself a bowl of cereal.

"You're being too quiet and it's scary," the heir commented as she brought her food to the table. "Why?"

"Sorry, figured it'd be easier to have a conversation when you were done."

Wynonna looked skeptical. "You've been sitting here for five minutes and I just started eating."

"The alternative is being in hearing distance of that," Reina gestured to Waverly and Nicole in the living room, who seemed to have very little if any concern for oxygen and privacy.

"..Okay, good point."

They sat in silence for a moment, Wynonna's cereal crunching between the gaps of her confusion. Why wasn't she asking questions? She'd been knocked out for a while. Finally, Reina broke.

"How are you feeling?"

"It's not Doc's," Wynonna blurted. "Wait, what?"

"Well it's just that before the whole incident earlier you said you felt sick, and then you threw up, and Nicole said you guys were going to see the bartender which must've been stressful for y- oh?" Reina paused, for air and to tone down her body temperature after realizing she'd been rambling.

Wynonna's face flushed and she blamed it on the sudden, random burst of heat. "The baby isn't Doc's," she repeated. "And.. I'm okay. Still catching up with the idea that there's a tiny human growing inside me but.. okay."

"If you need anything just let me know."

The heir nodded, continuing to silently eat her cereal. Reina decided to give her some space and took over the sofa that Waverly and Nicole had occupied previously. Nicole was getting her coat on, and Waverly walked over to her sister. "Hey, we're going to Nicole's for the night. Call me if you need me, okay?" She knew Wynonna could handle herself and she wasn't alone anyway.

"Okay," Wynonna agreed with a mouthful of corn flakes. "Have fun."

Waverly winked at Nicole. "We will." Wynonna almost choked on her corn flakes.

"Why are you like this," she grumbled, prompting a laugh from Waverly.

"See you tomorrow." The couple left, leaving Wynonna to finish eating and Reina watching a show about a blonde female superhero in a fictional New York-esque city. She sat leaning against the arm of the sofa, legs curled up to the side and tucked slightly under her.

Wynonna dropped her bowl into the sink and wandered over to the living room. She turned the light on when she noticed how dark it had gotten, and Reina let out a disgruntled huff. "Too bright," she acknowledged, with her eyes still glued to the TV. The heir shrugged and turned it back off.

"What's on?" she asked as she joined Reina on the sofa. She kicked her shoes off, decided she wasn't comfortable enough, and went to her room to change into some sleepwear. She returned to the living room, then laid down with her head on Reina's lap and her feet tucked into the crevice between the last cushion and the end of the sofa. Reina looked down at her, then back up to the TV as she adjusted to make more room for Wynonna while making sure her own legs didn't cramp up.

"Supergirl," she finally responded. Wynonna snuggled in more, the back of her head braced against the hellhound's torso.

"Nice. Any sudden loud noises?"

"I can turn it down.. if you want to sleep, why don't you just go to bed?"

"This little bundle of joy won't let me get comfortable," Wynonna replied, referring to her heavily pregnant stomach.

Reina looked down again, frowning. "Haven't gotten a lot of sleep lately?"

"Nope," Wynonna sighed. "Do you mind?" She looked up with her very own puppy dog eyes.

"Not at all. And you don't need to use those on me," Reina chuckled. "Can I go grab the ottoman though?"

"Oh, yeah go ahead." Wynonna propped herself up on her left arm until Reina scooted the cloth-covered footstool over to the sofa, sitting back with her legs up on it. Wynonna laid back down and hooked the arm that wasn't trapped under her body around Reina's thighs. Reina wrapped her right arm around Wynonna's shoulder. The heir shut her blue eyes, thoroughly exhausted and more than happy to finally get some rest.

"Can you do the thing?" Wynonna asked softly. She was gradually covered in warmth as the hellhound ramped up her body heat. A small smile crept on to Wynonna's face. "Yesss."

"Goodnight," Reina said in almost a whisper. Wynonna hummed in response, already drifting off. Before very long, and despite having slept for an extended period of time earlier, Reina found herself falling asleep. She let her head fall back into the sofa and closed her eyes.

With the TV droning softly in the background, crickets chirping outside, and a calm spring breeze drifting in through the window, the pair slept soundly.

The air grew still as the night dragged on. The crickets were silenced and a single bird let out a sharp warning cry. Footsteps crunched over the gravel of the driveway and met the front porch with dampened clicks.

The stranger knocked three times before the door swung open.