Angel heart

The light of the morning sun seeps through the curtains and fall across Eve and Emilio, sleeping together on his bed. It had been a few days since Connor's and Eve had been staying at Emilio's since then. Eve felt a light kiss on her forehead her eyes fluttered open and saw Emilio smiling at her, and in return she kissed him.

When the kiss broke she said, "Morning." They kissed again.

The kiss broke as he said, "Morning."

Eve spoke in between kisses,"As much... as i... would love.... to continue this....we.... should probably get dressed."

The two then broke the kiss and got out of bed and went to the bathroom for a shower and to brush their teeth, and then got dressed and headed for the restaurant for breakfast. When they arrived at the restaurant and to the Midnighter's room, they saw Fiji with some materials out in front of her.

After a while, Creek came into the restaurant and started talking to Madonna. When the conversation was finished Madonna approached them in the Midnighters room.

"She's back so soon?" Emilio questioned her.

Madonna shook her head and answered, "She asked to come in. But I agree with you. It doesn't feel right."

"Sometimes it's good getting out of the house." Fiji spoke up and the others turned to her, "Being out in the world could be a good distraction."

"This isn't out in the world. This is inventory," Madonna stated before leaving with some dirty dishes.

"You weren't just talking about Creek, were you?" Emilio questioned Fiji, as he sat beside her.

"The Inquiring Mind's not all that pleasant to be in right now, especially for me." She replied.

"You still hear it? The demon?" He asked

"Sometimes it calls my name." She paused." Sometimes it laughs. When I don't hear it, I'm just waiting.I liked it better when I thought I was going crazy." She looks down.

Eve placed her hand on Fiji's shoulder, she looked up to her, "I know things are pretty bad right now but it will get better, I promise Fiji."

She smiled, "Thank you, Eve." They hugged.

Eve went back to her seat next to Emilio and He took her hand in his and said to her, "I'm gonna head over to the church for a while but I'll be back soon, goodbye." He got up from his seat leans down and kisses her on the cheek.

"Goodbye." Eve said back before he left.

Not long after Manfred entered the Midnighters room with his laptop.

"Hey." Fiji greeted him.

"Hey, Manny." Eve greeted him.

"Hey." He said back, he took a seat across from Eve.

Fiji got up from her seat and walked towards Manfred,"So, um, how's she been? Really." she questioned about Creek.

"She seems okay. She's quiet." He answered.

"Everything's quiet. Ever since what happened with Connor, the town's different. Folks are keeping to themselves." Fiji said

Manfred looked up at Fiji and asked, "Have you seen Joe since, uh... "

"Since he flew?" She finished,"No.Could be he's lying low." she replied

"Emilio said that Joe's scared that they'll come after him." Eve explained

"Who's "they"?" Manfred questioned.

"Didn't say." Was the reply.

The three continued to talk for sometime until Eve suddenly clutched her head in pain, Manfred gets up from his seat and walks to her and grabs her shoulder, "Eve, are you okay?"