Chapter 4

*Edited*

Chapter 4

Elizabeth's POV

Erwin and Levi look at each other for a few seconds, before Erwin's eyes land on me. He walks towards and kneels down in front of me. I glare at him and he just looks at me closely. "You look a bit too young. How old are you?" I just glare and don't say anything. "She's fourteen." The monotone voice of Levi says from next to me. I growl at Erwin and he stands up. "You're a year too young. The Trainee camp already started but I don't think they'll mind." He turns around and starts to walk away. The soldiers behind us pull us up and start pushing us. We start walking and reach the same staircase we went up when we got our job.

~Time Skip~

When we get to the top, Isabel, Farlan and Levi get shoved into a carriage and I get held back by the same soldier who gave me the scar on my, still, bleeding eye. I struggle to get out of his grip, since I've never been separated from Isabel, Levi and Farlan. "Let me go! I'm not going anywhere without them!" I spit out, still struggling. "Too bad, rat." I growl and bring my head back towards his nose, at full force. He lets me go and grabs his nose. Since I know I can't outrun them and I don't have my gear, I just stay there, waiting for whatever it is they're going to do with me.

The other soldiers, except Erwin, gasp and start muttering stuff. "Oh boo hoo." I say breaking the chain holding my hands on my back and cross my arms. "He had it coming."

~Time Skip~

Erwin's POV

After getting another carriage to take the girl to the Trainee Camp, I get on the same carriage as her, to tell the Instructor the reason of a late arrival. She seems capable enough to do all the stuff the other cadets have done in two years in less. She did outrun me and seems very good with the 3D Maneuver Gear. So, who knows? She might just make it.

We get to the camp and get off of the carriage. I lead the girl, whose name I still don't know, towards the training grounds, where the instructor is with the rest of the trainees. We walk towards the instructor and the cadets around us start muttering to each other and point at the girl. From the corner of my eye I notice her send them a glare.

We reach the instructor and he looks at me. "Ah, Squad Leader Erwin Smith. To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?" He asks calmly. "I have come to drop off a young girl from-"

"The Underground." I look back and see a boy with brown hair and brown eyes looking at the girl. The instructor looks at the girl and she crosses her arms. 

Elizabeth's POV

'What's a rat like her doing here?'

'She doesn't even belong here.'

'Get her back underground!'

I ignore them and notice that I still have blood on my face. I sigh, rip the sleeve of my shirt and wipe the blood with it. Once I'm sure it's cleaned, I look towards Erwin and, who I'm guessing is the instructor, who're talking.

A few seconds later, they stop talking and turn towards me. I raise a brow and put the ripped piece of fabric in my pocket. "Come with me." The instructor says and starts to walk away. Erwin looks at me and I follow the instructor.

'I wonder how are Levi, Isabel and Farlan doing right now?'

Levi's POV

After Flagon left, Farlan turns and looks at me. "Don't pull any more stunts like that, Levi. We've got enough eyes on us already." He says. "Did you not hear what that piece of shit was spouting out of his piece of shit mouth?" I turn towards him. "We weren't caught just by accident, you know? I hope you haven't forgotten what we're here for, Levi. What they took Elizabeth away for."

"Yeah, I know."

~Flashback~

"The Survey Corps will likely come after you and if they find out your age," He says referring to Elizabeth. "be sure to put up a little resistance. There are two things I'll have you do for me..." He stops for a moment. "First, you'll obtain a document, which is in the possession of Erwin Smith. And secondly, you will kill the Survey Corps' squad leader... Erwin Smith. Those are your jobs."

~Flashback End~

After a few seconds, I walk out of the barracks and walk outside, where I see Erwin walking in the distance. He looks up and notices me. I keep walking, looking forwards. We cross paths and I feel his gaze staring at me. Thinking back to the capture, different images come back. 

When I got shoved into the puddle...

When we made the deal that would either end good or bad...

All of that to make sure the other's wouldn't be killed...

'The one to kill him... will be me.' I think and keep walking. I stop for a moment, look back at him and keep walking. If he's here, that means Elizabeth is already at the camp.

'Wonder how that's working over there...'

Elizabeth's POV

After the instructor gave me a uniform my size, I walk to a bathroom and change, going to the infirmary to get my eye checked. I can see, just gonna get it cleaned and all that junk.

I walk into the infirmary, the nurse looks at me and gasps, it being because of my eye or because almost everyone knows from where I come from, I really don't care. I just wanna get this year over with and see Levi, Farlan and Isabel again.

Anyway, the nurse walks towards me and pulls me to a chair and starts cleaning my eye.

A few minutes later, my eye is disinfected and the nurse lets me go. I walk out of the infirmary and walk towards the training grounds, where the instructor is. I walk towards him. "What's your name, cadet?!" He slightly yells. Knowing that there's no point in not answering him and disrespecting him, I salute. "Elizabeth Magnolia, sir!"