Chapter 12

*Edited*

Chapter 12

Elizabeth's POV

​​​​​After my small break down, I wipe my eyes and look at Hibari. "Thanks..." I mutter, looking down. "No problem. I'm here whenever you need me." She says, I look at her and she smiles at me. She jumps from the roof and I sigh. I jump down and start walking inside, where some of the cadets are. I walk to my normal table and start to think. 'Levi said something about an expedition today... I hope they'll all survive...' I shake my head and mentally scold myself. 'No! They're gonna survive! Levi promised me he would protect them!'

Someone taps my shoulder, I jump a bit and look up, only to see Atsushi. "You okay? You kinda dosed off for a moment, there." He says, looking at me with a concerned look and sits across from me. "I'm fine." I say, not meeting his gaze. He raises an eyebrow, not believing me and I sigh. "Fine. My friends and sister are going on an expedition today. I guess I'm just scared that they might die and I'll be alone again..." I say and look at the table. "No matter what happens, you're not alone. I may not be able to fill the emptiness inside your heart, but just know, I'll always be there for you and so will Hibari." He says. 'Man... what's with everyone giving me emotional speeches today...?' I think and a small smile makes its way onto my face. "Thanks..." I say quietly. He chuckles and ruffles my hair. "Hey!" I whine and pout playfully. "Stop that." He says laughing. "It doesn't make you look any cuter."

"I am not cute." I say crossing my arms. "I'm manly..." I stop for a moment. "Make that womanly..." I stay silent for a few seconds, but then start laughing, Atsushi along with me.

~Time Skip~

Erwin's POV

~A few months later~

After we get back from the expedition, I got the permission from the commander to graduate the girl early.

I get on the carriage and it starts to move towards the trainee camp.

After about thirty minutes, we reach the camp and I get off the carriage and walk to the instructors office. "Squad Leader, Smith. How may I help you?" He asks standing up. I take out the document from the commander and hand it to him. He reads through it and nods. "Very well. Come with me." He walks out of his office and I follow him. We walk to the training grounds, where the cadets are training in hand to hand combat. I look around for a certain redheaded girl and I spot her training with a black haired girl. They seem as if they're going to kill each other. "CADET MAGNOLIA!" He screams and Elizabeth stops and walks towards the instructor, saluting. "At ease, cadet." She drops her salute. "It seems as if you've caught the Survey Corps' commander's eye. You'll be graduating early."

"When will I be leaving, sir?" She asks monotonously with a blank expression. "Today." He says simply and she nods. "You are dismissed and are allowed to go."

"Yes, sir!" She salutes and turns to me. I nod and we walk towards the carriage.

~Time Skip~

We arrive at the HQ and get off of the carriage. We walk inside, towards the commander's office, and I turn to Elizabeth. She stares directly ahead, no emotion on her face, whatsoever. "Wait here, cadet." I say and she nods. "Yes, sir."

Levi's POV

I walk into the mess hall, where most of the squad leaders and the commander are. Just as I'm about to walk away, Erwin walks in and walks towards the commander. They both look my way and stand up, walking towards me. I cross my arms and they reach me. "Come with us." Erwin says and they start walking, not even waiting for my answer. I click my tongue, but follow them anyway.

After a few seconds of walking, we reach the commanders office and see a girl standing there. She turns towards the commander and squad leader and salutes. Erwin and the commander move out of the way, I identify the girl as Elizabeth and stare at her wide eyed. She looks at me wide eyed and drops her salute, tackling me in a hug. "Y-you made it back..." She whispers and I notice the commander and Erwin left the office. She lets me go and takes a step back. "Where are Isabel and Farlan?" She asks. Oh, how I dreaded that question... "They didn't make it." I say as calmly as possible, as her face turns to that of fury. She glares at me and swings her arm at me. "You promised me you would bring them back alive!" She says and I catch her fist. 

This won't end well...'

~Time Skip~

Elizabeth storms out of the office walking to who knows where. I sigh and try to follow behind her, but lose her.

I give up trying to find her and walk to the Mess Hall. "She'll turn up eventually." The voice of a female says and a figure sits next to me. "Tch. Like hell she will." I say and turn towards the figure.

Elizabeth's POV

I storm out of the commander's office with tears in my eyes and head nowhere in particular.

After a few minutes of walking, I reach an opening. I put my hands on top of my belt and keep walking, letting the tears I've been holding back finally fall. My knees buckle and I fall, sobbing quietly. 'I didn't even get to say goodbye! They were supposed to survive... I should have been the one to go...' More tears make their way to my eyes.

Suddenly, I feel a hand on my shoulder. I close my eyes tightly and feel the person squeeze my shoulder. I look at the person and see a girl with strawberry blonde hair and amber eyes. "Are you alright?" She asks kindly. I stand up and wipe my eyes. "I'm fine." I say and she stands up. "You must be the new recruit." She says with a smile. "I'm Petra Ral. Nice to meet you." She extends her hand and I shake it. "I'm Elizabeth Magnolia." 

"Oh," She says looking at me sadly. "so those were your friends..." I nod and look down. "Yeah..."

"I'm so sorry..." She says and I look at her. "No need. They finished their purpose in this cruel world..." I turn away from her. "They're in a better place now..." I finish and start to walk away.