||Twelve||

Brian got up from me so fast and thank God he did because I'm not sure I would have gotten up otherwise. It was a bit embarrassing to have been caught in that situation, with a guy no less but that wasn't what I was worried about. What surprised me was how intensely Kyle was glaring at us, or more specially at Brian.

"Hey," I waved shyly at him.

"What are you doing here? I thought you went home," He asked me.

"Yeah...I uh... I came back. Needed to talk to you."

"Right. Go to my room. I'll deal with you soon." He didn't need to tell me twice. I rushed out of Brian's room.

I was antsy, couldn't sit for more than a minute and kept pacing the room. My face was still flushed. My body was still flushed. I felt tingly all over. What was wrong with me? I didn't like men and yet, I had no problem being all over Brian. I came here to try and get rid of my problems but I had just added another to the ever growing list. Again, what was wrong with me?

I went out into the hallway to see what was keeping Kyle. Once there, I heard a very heated argument from Brian's room.

"I told you to stay away from him. What do you think you're doing?"

"Nothing. We were just messing around," Brian replied.

"Exactly! I don't want you messing around with him," Kyle stated angrily.

"He's not a child. He can make his own decisions."

"He can, but you are not included in those decisions he's supposed to make. Or are you forgetting he's as homophobic as they come?"

Oh right. So they were talking about me.

"And I told you that I didn't care about that. Every homophone is a little gay," Brian chuckled.

I wasn't a homophobe. Fine, I was but I was changing. Right? I had said a few hurtful words but I was trying my best to not do that anymore. And I wasn't gay either, so Brian was wrong. I went closer to Brian's room because they were speaking in hushed tones now.

"...straight. You can't do this!"

"Yes I can. And it's none of your business either. You're not his fucking parent. Besides, I actually do like the kid."

"Ugh!" I heard Kyle groan. "It's not about whether you like him or not. He's fragile. He gets hurt easily and I don't want you to hurt him."

What the hell? I wasn't fragile. Brian couldn't hurt me even if he tried. Why was Kyle talking about me like I was some egg that needed to be taken care of? As if I couldn't speak for myself or handle my own issues?

"I won't hurt him."

"Not intentionally. Aiden can get hurt so easily. I don't need him cutting because of you. He has other burdens and doesn't need to add you to them."

I gasped. I couldn't believe Kyle. How dare he just tell a stranger about my issues like that? I trusted him.

"Seriously?" I said as I walked into the room.

"How dare you!" I shouted and shoved him.

Kyle stumbled backwards, regained his posture and blinked. His eyes went wide, as if he just realized what he had done.

"Aiden... I'm sorry. I..."

"No. You don't get to talk. How could you do this to me? Not only did you call me a child, you told a stranger about my... my...," Fuck! I couldn't even mention it.

"For the record, I didn't call you a child. He did!" he said, pointing his thumb at Brian who just rolled his eyes. "And seriously Aiden, look at your arms. Anyone with eyes can see them. Even a half blind man can see them. I didn't have to tell him for him to notice them."