||Fifteen||

Being friends with your ex was not as difficult as I thought it would be. It wasn't that I didn't want to be friends with Gabrielle, she was nice, but we had never been friends before. We had started dating right off the bat when I had asked her to the homecoming dance in our freshmen year.

You're probably wondering how I asked when we weren't even friends to begin with. The thing is, we were in the same English class and had been paired up. We worked on it for a few weeks so I thought I could ask her and she had said yes. That wasn't friendship, was it?

I couldn't help picture her naked or in some lingerie whenever I looked at her. It was wrong of me but I couldn't help it. Either way, she seemed nice. The only downside to it all was that Andrew wasn't quite happy about the new change of events.

"Damn bro, how could you do this to me man?" he asked me once we were in our last class.

"These things are not planned, dude," I shrugged. "Besides, she broke up with me," I told him.

"We never even went out on a double date," he whined making me roll my eyes.

I wasn't sad or stressed about the break up like I thought I would be. Although, it had only been a few hours so I couldn't be sure. I was even surprised that I didn't miss our little kisses between classes.

I guess it was in the past now.

When we closed, however, our homeroom teacher asked me about my extra classes, the ones I'd been having with Kyle and if they were going well. Apparently, she hadn't seen any improvement in my studies. Well, how was she going to when we hadn't had any tests so far?

I simply told her that they were going well and she didn't have to worry. Then she went to talk about how I was stressed out I seemed of late but I didn't wait to hear any of that. I wasn't stressed out. I was perfectly fine, or as fine as I hoped to be.

After school that day, I pondered over what Andrew said. Not the part about us going on a double date because that ended before it could even begin. But our entire conversation made me realize that I had been focusing on things that weren't important and needed to give priority to the things that were bound to help me in my life. I needed to get focused on more important things, like school and not Brian.

Since I needed to go back to Kyle's house to retrieve my car, I waited for him by his car. I just hoped that that boy wasn't pitching a ride with him like he had this morning. How did they even become friends? I wondered.

I was dreading going to his place though because I honestly didn't know how I would react if Brian was there.It hadn't even been a full day yet but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about that kiss all day. Anytime I managed to get my mind off it, I got some jitters in my stomach and they sent me right back to the taste of his lips and the way they felt against mine.

The kiss we shared, even though I had acted on impulse, I realized much better than I could have imagined, but doing that was also uncalled for. There was nothing wrong with me and I shouldn't have used Brian like that. It was no wonder he didn't stay to talk to me afterward. I knew firsthand how it felt to be used and I honestly didn't want to inflict such pain on someone else.

Dear lord, I must be becoming soft hearted.

But even I must admit, that was the best kiss I had ever had in my entire life. I wanted to feel it again and that was quite a scary thought.

Kyle didn't seem excited to see me, which, sure, whatever... but he was the one in the wrong, not me. I wasn't the one who blurted my best friend's secret to a total stranger. I was about to speak on it but immediately shut up when I saw Niall following him like the creep he was.